PDA

View Full Version : Tournament help :S

young'un1
07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi guys, I've been practicing alot lately for an upcoming tournament, atm i'm running a variety of Ork and Eldar lists, but i'm having major issues dealing with battlesuit and broadside heavy Tau armies. If anyone has some ideas as to how to deal with these threats i'd love to hear them for both armies :D thanks :)

blackarmchair
07-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Surely, I have a LOT of experience dealing with that kind of list. My good friend runs a list with 9 broadsides and 2 Shas'o teams :(

With Orks you're in pretty good shape. Your best bet with Orks is anything that can get in their face REALLY REALLY fast (just like everything else). How you accomplish this will depend largely on how he kits out his suits. Broadsides and suits bearing many meltas, rockets and other tank-busting equipment will make short work of even battlewagons so bikers (preferably Nob bikers) will be able to get up close and acheive a 2nd turn assault. If he's kitted out with lots of flamers and burst cannons perhaps a mech rush will suffice (just watch out for those railguns). A Mek with a Kustom Force Field will give you a cover save which will help save a few vehicles for at least a turn.

As far as Eldar go I must confess that they are not my area of expertise. From what I know I would reccommend anything that can close the assault distace quickly. Dark Reapers can also make short work of suits from a range even the Tau can't effectively match.

Hope these ideas helped!

BuFFo
07-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Orks ... If you go first, drive your transports up in the Tau's face, full 19", and during your second turn, win the game.

Kommandos are also awesome for beating up and holding up suits.

Kommandos are so under used....

DarkAngelHopeful
07-30-2010, 02:15 AM
If you go with eldar use Wave Serpents and Falcons loaded with troops and elites of your choice, given the meta game of the area. I've played against my best friends eldar since I was 16 and not only are Wave Serpents and Falcons incredibly hard to kill they are ridiculously fast. Also, they have an added psychological factor because of their being renown for being really hard to kill.

fuzzbuket
07-30-2010, 04:28 AM
suiocide scorpians, banshees , harlequins fire prisims :D

once you can get your force within 12" of his the tau are SCREWED

orks lots of stormboyz and zagstruk paired with commandos and snikrot ?

also dont use falcons use serpents with lances/missles

davel
08-01-2010, 12:56 AM
I think the (for eldar) the night spinner may be effective as short range suits will need to move back therefor trigger dangerous terrain. Also it can strike suits that find some where out of sight to lurk.
hawks are worth a mention against tau. They can Out shoot Kroot, Out assault fire warriors with potential 24 movement in one turn. Intercept tanks as well as drop pie plate and sky leap. Against battle suits you want to tie them up in close combat until some thing more assulty can finish them off. Also Autarchs can have hawk wings and their phenix lord.
Word of warning hawks for me only seem to do well against tau.
finally their invulnerable save, remember if they have it it cuts down on their shooting. There is not much eldar can do about invulnerable saves ( many 5th codexs seem to have ways of dealing with them) but you can maximize your hits, and wounds with a farseer with appropriate powers combine with bladestorm then he will have to fail some

dave l

RocketRollRebel
08-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Orks ... If you go first, drive your transports up in the Tau's face, full 19", and during your second turn, win the game.

Kommandos are also awesome for beating up and holding up suits.

Kommandos are so under used....

Agreed about the Kommandos. Such a cool unit too.

But yeah with Tau just get up on their face and its over. They aren't even effectively super fast like eldar so they should have a harder time getting away from you and shooting and running. Good luck with the tourny tho!