PDA

View Full Version : Charadon Granite

athalos_gallant
07-28-2010, 12:33 PM
So, I've been doing some experimenting with colour schemes as of late, as I've been getting a little bored painting Ultramarines.

I find that I really like the Foundation Paint colour Charadon Granite, but I can't seem to find a suitable highlight for it. I tried mixing in varying degrees of brown, yellows and bleached bone, but nothing seems appropriate.

Any one else had this issue, or have advice to share?

Thanks much.

Lunar Camel
07-28-2010, 02:24 PM
The closest I've used is GW Graveyard Earth. When it first goes on it looks too bright. But somehow when it dries it corrects itself.

Don't know if there is another color or mix that would work better.

evilamericorp
07-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I had success mixing in a light grey to make a highlight palette.

Brass Scorpion
07-29-2010, 12:39 AM
I've had good luck mixing Charadon Granite with Codex Grey to lighten it up for highlights and layering. I just did so on the stone being carried by my Chaos Giant conversion. I should have pictures of that up within a few days. When I do get them up you'll be able to see them in my Dakkadakka Gallery if you're curious.

Morat
07-29-2010, 07:43 AM
I've always found that just mixing it with Dheneb Stone does the job for me. Slapping a load of water in the mix does as usual deliver rewards.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/DrWarrenKruger/FeldeberFluger.jpg

His armour is just a two stage highlight with a little Dheneb in thhe first and a fair bit in the second.

athalos_gallant
07-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks, Brass. I gave that a shot, and it worked nicely. Don't know how I missed my Codex Gray on the first age through the paints.

The Dheneb Stone works nicely too, bit will work better or another project.

Thanks all.