PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster's 40K Challenge, Kitchener, On, Canada, Septr 18-19, Vegas Gt Qualifier

CarlostheCraven
07-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi All

The Warmaster’s 40K Challenge September 18-19, 2010
Doubles Tournament, Saturday September 18, 2010
Singles Tournament, Sunday, September 19, 2010

Edit: Current Attendance 54 Teams and 76 Singles

Bring your best 40K game to compete at the Fourth Annual Warmaster’s 40K Challenge Tournament, one of Canada’s largest Warhammer 40K Tournaments. This 2 day, 2 tournament event will be held at the Bingeman’s Funworx in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.

Awesome terrain, prizes, and opponents; awards include thousands of dollars in prizes, two entries to the GW Las Vegas GT in 2011, and the Forge World Greater Daemon of Tzeentch for the overall winner.

The Player’s Guide and Doubles Beta Scenarios are available at www.warmasterschallenge.com in the 40K Challenge section of the website.

Saturday features our Doubles Tournament ($80 per team, 4 rounds), with unique scenarios to challenge you and your partner’s abilities to work together.

On Sunday, we turn to singles competition ($30 per player, 4 rounds) and crown this year’s Warmaster.

Included with your ticket:
Lunch (2 Pizza Slices and 1 Pop), raffle tickets. Adult beverages are available, in addition to other snack items, but those are up to the individual to purchase.

Mark your calendars and start making your travel plans, because on September 18-19, the Warmaster’s Challenge will return to Southern Ontario.

Event Location, Hotel and Travel details can be found at www.warmasterschallenge.com

More information can found here:
www.warmasterschallenge.com

Cheers,
Nate

CarlostheCraven
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi

We have reached 35 Teams for the Doubles and 56 players for the Singles. We are on track for this to be the biggest Warmaster’s Challenge yet!

We have updated the doubles scenarios based on feedback so far, and have added the Singles scenarios to the resources section of the 40K Challenge. Regarding the Singles Scenarios, we focused on keeping it close to standard 40K, but with a potential for 100 players and just 4 rounds, we needed to use the primary, secondary, tertiary style with bonuses to create separation.

We have accumulated over $3000 in prizes and that pile is growing.

Visit www.warmasterschallenge.com to find out more.

Cheers,
Nate

@ mods - Also I think this should probably be put in the Event sub-forum. My bad for not spotting it earlier.

CarlostheCraven
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi

I have amended the title to reflect our current attendance. Ill attempt to update it frequently.

Cheers,
Nate

HsojVvad
08-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I would have come, but I don't think I will be accepted there. I play with proxies and unpainted minis. I play for fun, so since this is more of a competition to win, I will not be attending. I fully understand that you need to have a fully painted army and WYSIWYG, so I will not be be there.

Good luck to anyone who attends, and I hope all have a good time.

CarlostheCraven
08-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi

That's too bad, HsojVvad. We do require WYISWYG and we do require painted armies.

Maybe next year!

Cheers,
Nate

CarlostheCraven
09-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi

We have shattered the 100 player barrier for the doubles with 54 teams signed up.

We have added another $1000 to the prize pool, increasing it to over $4000.

Finally, we have this year's T-shirt added to the front page.

With just under 2 weeks to go it isn't to late to sign up for Ontario's largest tournament.

Cheers,
Nate