PDA

View Full Version : Austin Role Call

GentleBen
08-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Just wanted to do a post to see who's out there in Central Texas that wants to play Warmachine or Hordes.

Our playership has been suffering pretty badly lately between people moving out of town and Monsterpocalypse stealing our one game only players. At this point we're down to about five regular players. We've also got around ten people who appear maybe once or twice a year and that's just not enough to make a solid gaming group. So please, I'd love to hear from anybody who'd like to play. We try to do Dragon's Lair on Tuesday and Battleforge on Thursdays. Every time I play at least one person stops by the table to say "hey I bought an army for this game but never found any other players." Here we are. Please post in this forum or PM me if you want to play or learn more about the game. Thanks, and thanks to the bols people for giving me a tool that might finally help get an Austin Warmachine/Hordes community together.

Nick
08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
With MKII rules becoming official soon it will be a great time for people who want to get started or jump back in.

It will be equally new to all of us.

zebulon
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
This is Jeremy, playing Cygnar and picking up a Hordes faction after I see the updated rules (assuming I can wait that long :D )

The more the merrier

And yes, the MK 2 rules are very nice. As a bonus, you don't even need to remodel your current stuff.

GamerW
08-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Brian here. I'm (hopefully) back in business as my current Thursday night obligations are going away in September. I probably can't make it every week but I hope to make it for a majority of them. My poor circle stuff is still languishing in the boxes and eager to get beat up some more :)

My rule memory is probably pretty craptacular but if it's all changing in January so much the better. Glad to hear I won't have to rebuy everything, that would be pretty much a non-starter. Are they re-releasing all the model cards as well? I suppose I should go trawling around the PP forums . ..

Lazytron
08-22-2009, 12:03 PM
It will be equally new to all of us.

And it will involve force fields -- and elves wearing gloves that outsize their torsos. What's not to love?

GentleBen
09-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm going to start bumping this thread, instead of cluttering this forum with these attendance posts. So who's coming this week (9/20)?

zebulon
09-22-2009, 07:32 AM
I'll be at DL this evening. With the shiny new rules that will (hopefully) be read by then.

And this time I really mean it. :)

Nick
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm in miami this week.

A lot to take in with the updated rules anyhow.

Bigred
09-22-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm in, with Khador...

I love any game I can get painted in a couple of weeks!

GentleBen
09-22-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm in, with Khador...

I love any game I can get painted in a couple of weeks!

:D

Garric
09-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I used to play religiously when I lived down in Houston, but not so much since I have lived in Austin. I have about 3000-4000 points worth of Cygnar.

Lux
09-25-2009, 02:29 PM
I have around 3k-4k of everblight. I'd really like to play mk2, and so I also have some plans to accumulate 35-50pts worth of retribution.

Steve

GentleBen
09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
New week New Bump. Who's coming this week? 9/27-10/04

Lux
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I can likely bring the dragonspawn with me to BF on Thursday this week.

Lux

Nick
09-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I'll be at DL tonight.

zebulon
09-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll be @ DL tonight as well.

GentleBen
09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Just remembered I actually won't be making it to BF this Thursday.

GentleBen
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Attendance bump for the week of 10/4. Who's coming? I am planning to attend both nights.

zebulon
10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Should be there Tuesday night. This week I'll try to remember my cards, even :cool:

Lux
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I'll be at BF Thursday.

Lux

Nick
10-06-2009, 01:19 PM
i was planning on coming Tuesday. But if it helps even things out I'll switch to Thursday. Let me know.

GamerW
10-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Sorry for the late notice, but I believe I will be at BF this evening.

B

zebulon
10-13-2009, 06:59 AM
New week, new post:

I won't be at either one this week.

GentleBen
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Sorry you won't be making it. For me I plan to be at DL tonight BF on thursday. Finally printed out some of the final MkII card PDFs so no trolls this time.

Nick
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I'll be at DL, all of my cygnar and retribution.

GentleBen
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
New week

Planning on being at both places, but I might not make it to bf on thursday. And I'll probably want to leave early from DL tonight.

zebulon
10-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately I'll be out for this week and next week. The in-laws are in from Boise.

Nick
10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll be at BF on thursday for sure.

GamerW
10-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Brian here. I can't make it tonight (Thursday). I hope to make it next week. With my freshly half painted druids, no less.

GentleBen
10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I won't be at BF tonight except maybe for a few minutes.

Nick
10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I'll be at BF on Thursday this week.

GentleBen
10-26-2009, 04:52 PM
New post for week of 10/25. I'm not sure I'll make it either night but with a little luck there should be people both places on both nights.

GamerW
10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
I hope to make it Thursday since I've not gotten to play in almost a month now >< however, I won't be there till the 8pm or later time frame, unfortunately. Is anyone going to be there for sureish?

stampdog316
11-01-2009, 06:08 AM
My name is Charles and I have been playing Warmachine on and off for about a year. I play Khador, but have small legion and circle armies. I just found out about this forum last week when I stopped by BF and talked to two guys playing Warmachine--nice to see other players organizing meetings.
I am out of town alot, but will post when I can make Tues or Thurs. I played a few times at DL back in the Spring, before I couldn't make Wed anymore so I might have already met some of you.
If anyone is looking for a game beside Tues/Thurs let me know. I have a 4x8 table in my shed in the backyard--yes it has heating and air! I live in NE Austin about a hundred yards from the corner of Braker and Dessau.

[email protected]

GentleBen
11-02-2009, 10:45 AM
My name is Charles and I have been playing Warmachine on and off for about a year. I play Khador, but have small legion and circle armies. I just found out about this forum last week when I stopped by BF and talked to two guys playing Warmachine--nice to see other players organizing meetings.
I am out of town alot, but will post when I can make Tues or Thurs. I played a few times at DL back in the Spring, before I couldn't make Wed anymore so I might have already met some of you.
If anyone is looking for a game beside Tues/Thurs let me know. I have a 4x8 table in my shed in the backyard--yes it has heating and air! I live in NE Austin about a hundred yards from the corner of Braker and Dessau.

[email protected]

Great to hear from a new player. Looking forward to getting a game in when you get a chance to come around. And while we're on the subject...

Post for the week of 11/1/09. Who's gonna make it? This is the first week in a while where I can say for sure I am planning on making it both nights.

Nick
11-03-2009, 02:38 PM
I'll be at BF Thursday.

stampdog316
11-05-2009, 06:56 AM
I can't make Thurs but I can make DL on Tues. Will anyone be there?
Are you guys using the new rules? I haven't used them yet,but have been reading them and I downloaded the new cards. What points range do you guys usually play?
Charles

GentleBen
11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I can't make Thurs but I can make DL on Tues. Will anyone be there?
Are you guys using the new rules? I haven't used them yet,but have been reading them and I downloaded the new cards. What points range do you guys usually play?
Charles

What rules we use depends on whether we're doing WM or Hordes. WM is pretty much all MkII these days. Hordes will obviously continue to be MkI untli November 24th. I've been trying to bring my trolls and one of my WM armies whenever I go anywhere so I can do either one. Points range is usually 35-50 MkII or 500-750 MkI. I will be there Tuesday barring unforeseen catastrophe.

GentleBen
11-09-2009, 12:12 PM
New attendance post for week of 11/8/09. Once again I am planning on making both nights and locations. Anybody else out there?

stampdog316
11-10-2009, 06:37 AM
It looks like I might be able to stop by DL tonight, but won't be able to play since I'll have my 4 yr old son with me. --Ah, the good ole days when I was single and could do what I want!

Nick
11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Thursday.

GamerW
11-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I'll be missing this week (11/12).

B

GentleBen
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
New week new post. Can I count on anyone?

Lux
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
As usual, I'll be at BF on Thursday, but I'm mainly waiting for the hordes mkII playtest to hit next week. Once I've got that, I'll be wanting to play games and try it all out.

Steve

GamerW
11-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Sorry for the late notice, but I'll not be there tonight.

Next Thursday is a holiday, so I'll not be at BF then either :)

Rock on, and happy Holidays to all :)

Lux
11-22-2009, 01:55 AM
I will be at BF on Black Friday, the 27th and I'll have my legion & the mkII playtest rules.

Steve

GentleBen
11-24-2009, 11:02 AM
I will be at BF on Black Friday, the 27th and I'll have my legion & the mkII playtest rules.

Steve

That sounds like a great idea. I am not sure if I will be able to make it with family in town. I will be at Dragon's Lair tonight however so if you can't wait for MkII you should swing by.

Lux
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I would, but my car is in the shop prior to a long drive up to Nebraska this coming week. Since I don't expect to get the car back until Wed morning, I've got no way to get to DL.

Luv

Nick
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Anyone going to be at dragons lair tonight?

GentleBen
12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Anyone going to be at dragons lair tonight?

I wasn't planning on going tonight because I've been sick, but if this is going to be the only chance I get to take pictures of your mercenaries, then I guess I better head down there with my camera.

Orminah
12-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, I'm Josh from Three Rivers, if any of you know where that is, kudos. I live an hour and a half from San Antonio, and I guess that's about an hour from Austin?? So I suppose I could make it for a few games one day. Maybe during BLOSCon? But everyone would be there I bet. Lol. I haven't started collecting the Warmachine models, nor have I played a game yet, but I'm trying to learn. On Vassal.

GentleBen
12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Well if you ever plan on coming into town and want to play a game just post here and I'll try to make sure someone's there to get a game in.

Lednera
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
hi guys are you planning to be at dlair today?

Orminah
12-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm gonna be going to college in SA, so maybe there will be some players at the SA D-Lair...

GentleBen
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
hi guys are you planning to be at dlair today?

Sorry I missed your post. Two of us were there on Tuesday but its been really dead there lately. I'll be at BF tonight though. I want to finally play a 35 pt game with Bigred so If you come and some of the other usuals come then you might be able to get a game in.

GamerW
12-10-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm out for this evening. Sorry I didn't post last week too :(

I suppose I need to download and read through the new hordes rules . . .

GentleBen
12-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Looks like no one will be at Dragon's Lair tonight.

Nick
12-15-2009, 02:13 PM
im hoping to be at BF on thursday, provided this week goes smoothly.

RandomX
12-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Eric here. I am moving into either Georgetown or Leander, so I will be starting to hit up the Austin game scene.

I will have a Menoth force (models are waiting for me at home), and I will start to hit the Thursday Nights at BFG and will prob make it in sometime on the weekends too (Friday Night or Sat).

I am really excited to finally get into Warmachine. I played right when it first came out with a faction starter for Khador. But no one really played in my area and I sold off the stuff. But I love the models and I am looking to start playing again.

The MKII rules are really good! And I really dig the Menoth models.

So it is usually Tuesdays and Thursdays for games yeah at BFG and Dragons Lair?

-Eric

GentleBen
12-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Eric here. I am moving into either Georgetown or Leander, so I will be starting to hit up the Austin game scene.

I will have a Menoth force (models are waiting for me at home), and I will start to hit the Thursday Nights at BFG and will prob make it in sometime on the weekends too (Friday Night or Sat).

I am really excited to finally get into Warmachine. I played right when it first came out with a faction starter for Khador. But no one really played in my area and I sold off the stuff. But I love the models and I am looking to start playing again.

The MKII rules are really good! And I really dig the Menoth models.

So it is usually Tuesdays and Thursdays for games yeah at BFG and Dragons Lair?

-Eric

Great to hear from a new player moving into town. Thursday at Battleforge has become the big night. Tuesday Dragon's Lair attendance has become nonexistent barring occasional Thursday conflicts. Right now we really only have 4 or 5 regular players but fortunately that looks like its going to go up. Just post in here when you can make it and I'll try to make sure you can get confirmation that someone will be there or not.

Rouland
12-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Greetings, all!

I recently moved to Georgetown, and I'm looking for WM/H players. Is BattleForge on Thursdays still the preferred venue?

Weekday nights are rough for me. Would anyone be interested in a weekend game in January?

Nick
12-17-2009, 08:25 AM
I could see getting a few people together for some Saturday games in January.

Rouland
12-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Cool! Shall I drop another note here after New Year's and see what we can set up?

Lednera
12-17-2009, 06:35 PM
sounds like fun if I am still in the area I might join you guys

Rouland
12-18-2009, 11:10 AM
How does the second weekend in January sound? Any preferences for Saturday or Sunday?

GentleBen
12-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I can mark my calendar for the second weekend in January.

And for anyone who's interested looks like we are going to try to get some games in tomorrow night at DL.

Nick
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Does the second weekend in January mean this weekend?

Saturday or Sunday at BF?

GentleBen
01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Does the second weekend in January mean this weekend?

Saturday or Sunday at BF?

I guess that would indeed be this weekend. Saturday at noon?

GentleBen
01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Larry at Dragon's Lair has suggested going back to doing Warmachine on wednesday nights again. Hes trying to make that the non-Warhammer mini night. I originally moved Warmachine to Tuesday because we "lost" a lot of WM players to MonPoc. I thought if I moved it to Tuesday they could play both games on different nights. I was also hoping some of the Tuesday Warhammer players would give WM a try. Since neither of these things has happened I guess there's no reason to not just go back to playing on Wednesdays. Lets hope some good comes of it.

Rouland
01-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I guess that would indeed be this weekend. Saturday at noon?

I'm in for Saturday , Noon, at Battle Forge. We'll see how kid-friendly they are...

What point size? 35? 50?

Does Battle Forge allow food?

GentleBen
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm in for Saturday , Noon, at Battle Forge. We'll see how kid-friendly they are...

What point size? 35? 50?

Does Battle Forge allow food?

Battleforge is as kid friendly as a parents tolerance for expletives. But on a saturday the population will be sparse enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll just be bringing my stuff and army building on the fly so whatever point size you want.

Battleforge allows food, but since they sell drinks they might not appreciate you bringing in a six pack.

Nick
01-05-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm in for Saturday at noon, barring one of Chelsie's trademark changes of heart.

Rouland
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
OK, so 2-4 of us. Should be good times. Thanks for the heads-up on drinks; my old FLGS in Albuquerque was the same way, and it worked out pretty well.

I'll see you all there. I'm pretty easy to spot.

Lux
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I'll be at BF on Saturday, but I'll be playing in the flames of war tourney. Otherwise, I'd be glad to join in. I will have my stuff with me and could play a game if you're still there in the evening (the tourney should be over by 5 or 6).

Lux

Nick
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm hoping to be at BF on Thursday. Anyone else?

GentleBen
01-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I know I'll be at BF on Thursday. The real question is will anyone be at DL tomorrow.

Rouland
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Last Saturday was fun - Meghan and I had a good time. Thanks to Nick and GentleBen for coming out.

Anyone up for a repeat this weekend or next? The 23rd is spoken for, but I'm open otherwise.

Maybe I'll remember to use my feat this time...

GentleBen
01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Last Saturday was fun - Meghan and I had a good time. Thanks to Nick and GentleBen for coming out.

Anyone up for a repeat this weekend or next? The 23rd is spoken for, but I'm open otherwise.

Maybe I'll remember to use my feat this time...

Sorry I missed your post for so long. With renewed interest in Warmachine I think we can actually start using Minions for finding pick-up games again. There are lots of people who just started playing suddenly using the site. I'll try to keep a look out here too, but with more users coming here on the national and sometimes even global level, I'm starting to feel self conscious using this site to troll for local games.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with Austin Miniature Minions: http://blacklotusarts.com/forum/index.php

mkerr
02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm starting a Cygnar army -- putting together a test model right now to see if I can paint them (if not, then you're on the hook, GB, lol).

Lux
02-07-2010, 11:55 PM
As always, I'll have my Legion at BF on Thursday, as well as on Friday this week. I'm playing in the 50pt WM tournament at Adepticon so I need to get in a bunch of practice games and figure out what I'll be running.

Lux