PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Lucius & Mars Baneblades... gone?

Koppenflak
07-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I've already posted this to Warseer looking for some kind of clarification, but I'll try here as well

Anyone noticed that the Forgeworld catalogue is missing the Lucius and Mars pattern super heavy tanks?!

Say it aint so!

MajorSoB
07-26-2010, 10:09 PM
They most likely havent sold any since the GW plastic Baneblade hit the shelves. Forgeworld has awesome models but would you rather spend $100 or several hundred for pretty much the same product? My guess is Forgeworld has indeed taken these models out of production.

Koppenflak
07-26-2010, 10:17 PM
That would be a damn shame.

I mean sure, the GW models are cheaper, but the Forgeworld market has never been one meant to be entirely practical... Their kits are showpieces, and if they took it out of production just to make way for that plastic cathedral monstrosity, it'd be a small tragedy.

SotonShades
07-27-2010, 02:36 AM
Have you tried emailing Forge World? In my experience they are pretty quick at dealing with these kind of questions. I imagine even if they are out of production they still have the master models and moulds. In the past they have brought out of production models back due to high demand, if only for limited production runs.

DrLove42
07-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Anyone noticed that the Forgeworld catalogue is missing the Lucius and Mars pattern super heavy tanks?!

Is that the printed catalogue (the paper brochure) or the website? Cos if its the previous, they don't print everything in there. Just cos its not there, doesn't mean they don't do it

fuzzbuket
07-27-2010, 04:12 AM
the same thing happend to theire lovley epic models :(

hopefully theyll have some at GD :D

Koppenflak
07-27-2010, 06:26 PM
to
date Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM
subject RE: Lucius & Mars Baneblades
mailed-by games-workshop.co.uk

Hi there.

Sadly they have been removed from sail due to deteriorating sales for them. If there is enough interest we may bring them back in the future.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd

I received this from FW in response to my inquiry overnight.

Such a shame.

:(

DrLove42
07-28-2010, 04:01 AM
That is a shame, they should instead make conversion kits for the plastic baneblades to make them look different