PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight 5 Man Box and SOB Box missing again?

RedScorpionsGirl
07-26-2010, 05:36 PM
So, browsing randomly today, I noticed that yet again, the 5 man PA Grey Knight box and the 10 mini SOB box is gone again from the site. Further poking around I got a bit of laugh when this showed up on the right as a suggestion:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1580000

And when I click on it, it tells me the item's no longer available.

Really, again? This has been seesawing on and off their site on multiple occasions. Also makes me very thankful that I have about 5k of Grey Knights, and about the same in SOB. So, anyone with extra of either of those are probably bound to make a bit of cash on ebay, or good swaps with them for now. Also, noticed that the GK Terms are still there, and all special weapons for both SOB and GK are currently available.

What do you guys think?

AirHorse
07-26-2010, 06:18 PM
They probaly just arent producing those models any longer. The changes in availability is probaly due to some stock being sent back to hq because it wasnt selling at one of their stores.

DarkLink
07-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Probably a good explanation. We're expecting new plastic GKs in the next 6 months, so current supplies will be sporadic.

MajorSoB
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
You keep thinking that GW will release these in plastic in 6 months, who am I to tell you that you might have to wait a bit longer? If it took GW almost 10 years to redo the DE, I think that "6 month" window will prove to be a gross underestimation. Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to see new GK and SoB models but I am almost certain they are not on the top of GW's "To Do" list. They need to rewrite the Space Marine codex first, after all its almost two years old...

templarboy
07-26-2010, 10:30 PM
You keep thinking that GW will release these in plastic in 6 months, who am I to tell you that you might have to wait a bit longer? If it took GW almost 10 years to redo the DE, I think that "6 month" window will prove to be a gross underestimation. Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to see new GK and SoB models but I am almost certain they are not on the top of GW's "To Do" list. They need to rewrite the Space Marine codex first, after all its almost two years old...

*Gasp!* 2 whole years and we have had BA and SW just lately. I know they are the cash cow and I am just as guilty as any (3k of Red Scorps) but would it kill them to give Necrons and DE some love? Update em or 'squat' them. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Duke
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Ok I'm guessing the end right here! Jervis Johnson in the library with the candlestick!

Oh well, at least in the real game of clue they had some god-damn-forsaken clues!!!

Duke

DarkLink
07-27-2010, 01:05 AM

Yeah, well, there was never more than extremely vauge "they might be thinking about possibly working on DE one of these days" back then.

However, we've had a big debate amongst a whole bunch of extremely reliable rumor sources on whether it will be DE or GKs next. DE seem to have won, and are practically confirmed to be later this year (october or so). GKs are expected in January.

While these are just rumors (albeit rumors from multiple, independent and very reliable sources who have actually seen some of the work being done on this stuff), there's absolutely no reason to think it will be another 10 years until the GKs are redone.

MajorSoB
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Please understand my post was full of sarcastic but in all seriousness I dont see either DH or WH in GW's plans anytime soon. I definitely would be shocked if you saw them in January since GW has made it a habit to interspace Fantasy armies with 40K ones. With DE being confirmed throughout the trade orders for a November release, the earliest I would expect to see a 40K release would be March.

I had a conversation last year with a player who ran the canadian GT's for years. I asked him why DE never got any love or attention and he told me it all came down to popularity and money. DE was the worst selling army ever, and because of that GW had little desire to rework the line when it wasn't viewed at profitable. GK and WH have never been one of the top selling armies mainly to do with the armies being all metal. Money talks people, and since DH and WH have never been a cash cow they dont get any love. This is the way GW looks at its product, not on what might sell but on what has sold in the past. It is no accident that Space Marines get reworked so often because they sell.

I would like nothing better than to see GW give both these armies the love they deserve. I would love to see Deathwatch get so attention too but I dont see it happening anytime before March 2011, and my gut tells me it will be long after that date. Sorry to disappoint.

eldargal
07-27-2010, 02:20 AM
A lot of the reliable rumour people on Warseer, Dakka etc were saying it was a close run thing which army would arrive in November, Dark Eldar or Grey Knights, it is almost certain now it is DE. Grey Knights will be arriving sometime next year, but I do agree March or thereabouts is most likely. As to SoB, sometime next year is the best we can hope for at present, I think the author for the codex has been chosen, and work possibly started if the rumours are correct.
No one is gettting squatted, however, GW have repeatedly ruled that out and JJ said GK and SoB were getting their own codex at an event in the past year, I forget which. He also dismissed the idea of a combined codex as absurd in 2008.

fuzzbuket
07-27-2010, 04:16 AM
GW glasgow still stocks GK and SOB (but they also stock crons and DE :eek:)

The Inner Geek
07-27-2010, 08:46 AM

What do you guys think?

Lost in the warp.

Melissia
07-27-2010, 09:12 AM
They probably stopped producing the models. Which makes the pdfs even more laughably useless than they already were.

DrLove42
07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Well they pulled all the dark eldar stuff off the GW US site a few month ago...so if DE see a release soon it means GK won't be far behind

I'd say i'll check the GW UK sits, cos we still sell DE, but the whole sites down for "maintainance" right now

Melissia
07-27-2010, 10:06 AM
And somehow, I'm now deeply amused that it costs $64 to buy a completely unupgraded, minimum sized battle sister squad. Brilliant, GW. Brilliant.

Amusingly enough, it costs less to get a basic Guard platoon (you have enough bitz from two guard squads to easily make a platoon command squad).

erwos
07-27-2010, 11:15 AM
And somehow, I'm now deeply amused that it costs $64 to buy a completely unupgraded, minimum sized battle sister squad. Brilliant, GW. Brilliant.

Amusingly enough, it costs less to get a basic Guard platoon (you have enough bitz from two guard squads to easily make a platoon command squad).
Actually, some creative accounting for the sentinel and heavy weapon squad included in the IG battleforce box gets you to a minimal platoon _with_ a command squad for about that price.

Duke
07-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow, $64 for one squad... Gw is really trying to pimp out the sobs aren't they? I have taken real women out on dates that cost less!

Duke

rbryce
07-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Wow, $64 for one squad... Gw is really trying to pimp out the sobs aren't they? I have taken real women out on dates that cost less!

Duke

word. i dont bother getting heavy weapon sisters anymore, the cost is too high by far. i get all i need from immo kits, and dark elves(and the brettonian heads in my bits box).

Undeadreagan
07-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Utter heresy and lies! How do they expect us to afford those prices, or even buy them if they aren't available, again?!?

Im going to have a break down here!!

What am I supposed to do with my 3k in Grey Knights and 4k in SoB??? Somebody please, tell me I'm not alone with my armies and there are still Battle Brothers and Sisters out there, and that I am not the last of my kind!!

DarkLink
07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Utter heresy and lies! How do they expect us to afford those prices, or even buy them if they aren't available, again?!?

By being patient and waiting for plastics to come out eventually:p

Grubbslinger
07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
I dont think that this has to do with them not having the models. Not necessarily. If you look at the front page under the website heading, it says the GW website is going through some upgrades and things might be messed up in certain parts. Also if you look under 40K books, it list two Necron Codex: one at regular price and one at 0.00. The 0.00 also has "longer decrip goes here, will add later." See for your self: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440313a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

Speculation: It could just be an error with GW site that will be fixed later on. I noticed the Necron thing this morning and hasnt been fixed as of this posting. From the Necron example, looks like a programer who accidential put an entry online that was not complete. Stuff like this can happen.

Daemonette666
07-30-2010, 07:29 AM
So, browsing randomly today, I noticed that yet again, the 5 man PA Grey Knight box and the 10 mini SOB box is gone again from the site. Further poking around I got a bit of laugh when this showed up on the right as a suggestion:

Really, again? This has been seesawing on and off their site on multiple occasions. Also makes me very thankful that I have about 5k of Grey Knights, and about the same in SOB. So, anyone with extra of either of those are probably bound to make a bit of cash on ebay, or good swaps with them for now. Also, noticed that the GK Terms are still there, and all special weapons for both SOB and GK are currently available.

What do you guys think?
I just checked the Australian GW website. After all the problems with their picture gremlins they were having, Sisters of Battle now have the Battle Squad box set again. Availability usually ships within 24 hours. You have to click on the Sister 3 miniature pack option and the link for them is there.

The grey knights 5 miniature squad boz is also listed after you do some searching, how ever the 5 man squad is no longer available still.

I do not think they know whether they want to release new platic miniatures for the rumoured cosexes or not. Maybe it is a communications problem with the site designers/programmers?

Remember how long it was after removing Seeker of Slaanesh before the new codex for Daemons came out. Then how long has it been with all the delays until they advised they would be available 7th August this year? 2 years too long.

Daemonette666
07-30-2010, 07:37 AM

Im going to have a break down here!!

What am I supposed to do with my 3k in Grey Knights and 4k in SoB??? Somebody please, tell me I'm not alone with my armies and there are still Battle Brothers and Sisters out there, and that I am not the last of my kind!!
Hey I still have Adeptus Arbites, and they were officially dropped i think after 3rd edition. I use the BOLS mini-dex and use them for friendly games. I have about 2500 points of them, and 4900 points of Sisters of Perfection.

If they are not available, then I can not get my sisters upto the planned 7000 piints I have worked out. I had planned to complete them waaay down the track, in a couple of years maybe.

Oh well.

Melissia
07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey I still have Adeptus Arbites, and they were officially dropped i think after 3rd edition.

Nope, they now counts as inquisitorial stormtroopers armed with shotguns.

MaxKool
07-31-2010, 09:41 PM
BAH.... Imperial armies...

Ive been playing my necrons since launch .....

GAWD if anyone needs a codex we do. Yah GK and SOB are over costed but at least they have rules that dont completely suck and have bascily one or 2 builds. Hell even if I diddnt care about loosing I can only manage a handfull of builds with the pathetic amount of units to choose from....

OoOoO Monoliths are the bomb... OoOO the Ctan are broken... Thats all i ever hear...
basicly everything else sucks... Oh I forgot... I can run my 15 destroyers... So much fun that is...

Its so bad that alot of my opponents let me ignore the phaseout and WBB denial from sweeping advance.. just so they have some necrons playing (wich might I add there are 3 of us at our LGS still playing our armies) I havent the GK/SOB player in 2 years....

GW needs to spread some love to the Xenos... Who are all the marines gonna kill...

I laugh everytime Im playing at my LGS... its basicly marines killing each other all day... with some IG

All I ever hear is people winning about the GK/SOB getting no love... get in line... suck it up and keep playing like I have been for 8years.... Sory us Crons got the oldest most usless book.

GW needs to go to the oldest and work up... no more of this ignoring armies for a friggin decade....

Melissia
07-31-2010, 09:47 PM
And yet, Necrons still have their full box of Necron Warriors for sale. They haven't had their army removed from the store "by accident"-- or otherwise. Hell, even if the Sisters box set was still for sale, the Necron boxset provides you with MORE anyway-- 12 models instead of 10, and then 3 scarab swarms too. And they cost less than the box of ten sisters even when it was available. Regardless of its competitive balance (it's not as weak as people claim), at the very least it's far easier to afford a Necron army than a Sisters army. And it isn't all ****ing metal models.

Daemonette666
08-01-2010, 12:06 AM

GAWD if anyone needs a codex we do. Yah GK and SOB are over costed but at least they have rules that dont completely suck and have bascily one or 2 builds. Hell even if I diddnt care about loosing I can only manage a handfull of builds with the pathetic amount of units to choose from....

OoOoO Monoliths are the bomb... OoOO the Ctan are broken... Thats all i ever hear...
basicly everything else sucks... Oh I forgot... I can run my 15 destroyers... So much fun that is...

Its so bad that alot of my opponents let me ignore the phaseout and WBB denial from sweeping advance.. just so they have some necrons playing (wich might I add there are 3 of us at our LGS still playing our armies) I havent the GK/SOB player in 2 years....

GW needs to spread some love to the Xenos... Who are all the marines gonna kill...

I laugh everytime Im playing at my LGS... its basicly marines killing each other all day... with some IG

All I ever hear is people winning about the GK/SOB getting no love... get in line... suck it up and keep playing like I have been for 8years.... Sory us Crons got the oldest most usless book.

GW needs to go to the oldest and work up... no more of this ignoring armies for a friggin decade....
I find Necrons hard to play against sometimes. Most of the games people like to play are 1500 points or less, and Being CSMs I do not get that many troops or units on the table. If I face Necrons, I need some anti Armour weapons like lascannons, and droppping the melta guns i usuall take. You say everyone moans about the Ctan and monoliths, well they are really hard to kill. Teh c'tan are bad arese characters who kill tanks and elite units of troops with ease.

The Deceiver can push away any units or characters he feel are to powerful for him to face off against then he can run away and pick on another unit he can handle. The Monolith with its 14 all round armour, and ability to teleport Necron squads who are losing close combat away, and them deep strike them so they can shoot up the squad they were just in hand to hand with is really powerful, and has killed off many of units before I thought they were due to be eliminated.

I do not get the bonus dice for Melta guns against the monolith, and glancing hits can not wear it down like most tanks. My army does nothave any Strength 10 weapons except for the short ranged vindicator, and I need 6's to penetrate the damn thing wiht my las cannons. My necron opponents usually destroy my vindicators, havocs, obliterators, predators and landraiders first and I am left with almost nothing left to damage it or them.

Your basic rifle can glance vehicles, so my tanks get wiped out through death by immobalised and weapons destroyed results. Sure youir army can be forced to phase out, but I know so many good Necron players who use their troop deployment to stop thisteleporting units out of combat, and using their monoliths and resurectoin orbs to get good rolls for WBB. Necrons also have so many elite, vehicle, and fast attack choices that are like jump troops or hover vehicles, and some can move through cover as though it were not there. Hit and run tactics are not a good thing to face when you are chaos or most spacemarine type armies. With so few troops to fight with over such a large board and tryig to claim objectives.

You have it quite well, and anyhow I heard ther ewas a rumour that Necrons are the next Xenos army after Dark Eldar to get a new Army list. Since Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle are the only 2 remaining Imperial codexes that are ancient remaining, it shouldn't bet more than a year or so away.

The you can complain with the rest of us how GW Nerfed our codexes when they re- wrote them. I did when Chaos Space marines was re-written, and dropped a lot of the options and rules that I liked to use. I have tried to alter my tactics to cope. Meaning I now have to use Chaos as a standard Space marine army would, but with fewer heavy weapons upgrades, a general increased points cost, no drop pods and almost none of the universal special rules, except fearless which costs a lot.

You have your complaints abot your army I know, but I have seen them defeat opponents really well. I saw one game with 3 Monoliths, and lots of troops, a lord and a C'tan, and your usual array of elits and fast attack overwhelm a space marine player who had been playing for nearly 3 years, and he had everything from powerfist equiped assault troops, tactical squads with las cannons, vindicators, predators, Terminators, with chaplains and all the benefits he could to drop tyranids, and he got wiped off the floor. He just could not get his units near any of the necron troops or units to wipe them out, and the necron player seemed to have a monolith or resurection orb always within range.

I wold have thought you would complain about playingTtau or maybe Eldar as they are good at counter hit and run tactics with big strength 10 weapons and some really nasty close combat forces that can wipe vehicles out easily.

I also collects sisters, and you would wipe them off the floor normally with your army. They rely on Melta guns, flamers and Multi-Meltas a lot, so your monoliths will could just ignore them and target those units which could destroy lots of your troops.

You do not have it all thast bad you know - unless you ahve to face off against an Imperial Guard demolisher heavy tank and mechanised infantry army, or BA quick moving army with 3 fast Vindicator tanks.

Everyone whose army codex was prior to the 5th edition 40K release has got it worse then the later releases codexes.

DarkLink
08-01-2010, 12:18 AM

Have you actually read the GK codex!? The only reason I agree that Necrons are weaker than GKs is because they have to live with Phase Out. Get rid of Phase out, and it's a tossup between the two. And I'm pretty sure that Necrons actually have more quasi-viable choices than the GKs do, though I haven't actually counted...

fuzzbuket
08-01-2010, 05:07 AM

umm the necron dex is 4rth ed, the de dex 3rd ed updated gk and SOB 3rd ed no updates.

and its not completley usless just harder to play with.

oh and try radical DH you can only have the following units

inqlord

inq

death cults

imperail assasin

stormtroopers

daemon hosts

orbitals

shimera

Lr

rhino

LoTS more units in the crons and weapon options too.

Divergent Reality
08-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Necrons have also had some disappearing and reappearing codices on the gw web site.

DarkLink
08-02-2010, 12:04 AM
umm the necron dex is 4rth ed, the de dex 3rd ed updated gk and SOB 3rd ed no updates.

and its not completley usless just harder to play with.

oh and try radical DH you can only have the following units

inqlord

inq

death cults

imperail assasin

stormtroopers

daemon hosts

orbitals

shimera

Lr

rhino

LoTS more units in the crons and weapon options too.

Plus, for the most part these units aren't very good. 'crons have more "good" units than there are on this list.

fuzzbuket
08-02-2010, 04:23 AM
you could make an effective list tho

hq inq lord
termi, bionicsteleport homer, hammer, word of the emperor (or the no assault power) 526
(3 cc henchmen , 3 acolytes, ), LAND raider crusader (assault counter unit)
(2 colytes with needle pistols/ power armour, 1 with combi melta)
inq lord
psycannon artifacer bionics targeter 227
2 mystics
2 sages
3 HW servitors (plas, mm, hb)

inq psycannon artifacer bionics targeter 202 pts
2 sages
2 mystics
3 HW servitors (plas, HB, HB

3 deamon hosts (i love the models :D) 255
vindicar 110

10 storm troopers 2 flamers + sarge with combi melta power fist 235
chimera 2 Hflamers

5 storm troopers 2 meltaguns, sarge with combi melta and needle pistol 185
chimera 2 heavy flamers
5 storm troopers 2 melta guns sarge with combi melta and needle pistol 190
chimera multi las=zer heavey bolter

10 storm troopers 2 plasma guns , rhino 170

5 storm troopers 50

lance bombardment 70

melta torpedo 80

thats2000 pts and should be okay ingame :P
2 INQUISITORS.
1 terminator
6 heavy weapon servitors 2 plasma 3 HB 1 MM
3 cc servitors
3 acoulyites
4 mystics
4 sages
1 assasin
3 deamon hosts
25 stormtroopers (4 meltas 2 plasmas 3 combi meltas)
2 giant space cannons :D

52 models in total :D

sorry for being slightly off topic :P

Petite Francois
08-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Hello BoLS! Well, I am just starting my third Sister of Battle army, and it's not great timing as the boxed sets are not presently available, neither the troopers or the Seraphim I think. It's pricey buying the blisters, but the thought consoling me is that I will get the special weapons I want in my squads. Every time I brought the box set flamer and storm bolter combo, people asked me why I had not brought melta-guns.... Well, I'll sure bring them next time!

Be strong! It's darkest before the dawn.

Emperor bless and cherish you!
--- Frankie

DarkLink
08-02-2010, 12:44 PM

You have one Land Raider, three Chimeras, one Rhino and a 50 t3 models. In 2000pts. I'm terrified:rolleyes:.

andrewm9
08-06-2010, 06:56 AM
lance bombardment 70

melta torpedo 80

You know that you can only have 1 Orbital Strike right? That is unless you are playing Apocalypse.

fuzzbuket
08-06-2010, 10:31 AM
ah oops i might have thrown in an extra bombardment

@ darklnk
i love my GKs too but a radical list COULD be effective
get meltas pop transports/ tanks

drive LR to biggest target DONT disembark

longe range =][=s shoot at stuff

put the lance over enemy arty/objective

nxt turn teleport the deamonhosts to the inqs position

continuse shooting and capturing objectives

next turn assault inq and daemon hosts and ( due to having 3 youll probs have at least 1/2 CC powers)

repeat

remember needle pistols eat fexes and wraithlords,

and vindicars will shoot commisinars, generals monsters, waghbosses, (your own team if you want)

mstingray
08-06-2010, 02:53 PM
remember needle pistols eat fexes and wraithlords

only if they fail their armour save.

Does anyone remember the alien hunters that were supposed to come out, I have the white dwarf when Sisters of battle were released and it mentions a few times about a trio of hunters, daemon hunters, witch hunters and alien hunters that were supposedly in development but never appeared

MadCowCrazy
08-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Didnt read through all the pages but the models have been missing from GWs websites since February this year.