PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Rhino Help.

Chive
08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey everyone, first sorry if this is the wrong forum. My question is if I have a fully loaded Rhino( 10 marines), How many attacks do I have? Sorry but I'm new and just got a Rhino,lol.

Thanks for your help,

-Chives-

Welshman1440
08-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Ok mate, i'm really going to save you here.

Respectfully, your question doesn't make any sense.

A rhino is a vehicle and doesn't attack in close combat as it doesn't have a Weapon Skill.

The space marines inside have one attack each in close combat, 2 if they charge

As for their ranged weapons, the rules for boltguns are in the Space Marine codex. If they are in the Rhino 2 models may shoot out of the top of it

If you don't already own a Codex for your Chaos Space Marines or the Rulebook I strongly suggest you get them both. They will be able to answer about 85% of your questions about the game. The remaining 15% will be answered here on the forums and/or by your local red shirt/staff member in your local GW/FLGS (Friendly local gaming store, if your not down with the acronyms yet)

I also strongly suggest playing a few games with a friend or a friendly veteran to bump up your skills in the hobby. Be polite, respectful and listen to the veteran if they teach you, they're doing it out of the kindness of their heart, not because they have to. Make it a good experience all round.

Good luck in the hobby!

Schnitzel
08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
I believe he's talking about shooting here.

It depends on what you have in your rhino, what you equiped on the rhino and how far you've moved.
Rhino's have room for two models inside to shoot out of the top. This is great because it allows you to plant your Devastator/Tac Havoks) squad in there with little to fear on the outside.
If the rhino stood still it can fire any weapon and any two models inside it can shoot out the top hatch. Lascannons, Multi-Meltas, Bolters, etc....
If the rhino moved 6 inches any two models can shoot out of the hatch, except for heavy weapons.
On a 12 inch move nothing shoots.

Am I correct on this?

Nabterayl
08-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Correct except that if the Rhino moves 6" it can still fire any "main" weapon and all "defensive" weapons, which means it could still fire, e.g., a Hunter-Killer missile and two storm bolters, in addition to the two passengers who can fire out of the top hatch.

Schnitzel
08-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Correct except that if the Rhino moves 6" it can still fire any "main" weapon and all "defensive" weapons, which means it could still fire, e.g., a Hunter-Killer missile and two storm bolters, in addition to the two passengers who can fire out of the top hatch.

I knew I missed something! Bah! Still much learning for this young padwan. ;)

Chive
08-14-2009, 11:20 AM
ok guys thanks, I was mowing the other day and listening to 40k Rardio at the same time. I thought I heard them say something about a Rhino and I just wanted to check.Oh if you have never heard of 40k radio, check out site http://www.40kradio.com/, or check out Itunes. Oh and lastly I'm playing my first game tonight so yeah. Man I'm so exicited.

xarius
08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
the gw beginners sessions are good if ou can get to a store