PDA

View Full Version : Death Korp of Krieg update - finally!!

Angelus Mortifer
07-22-2010, 12:35 PM
FW just released the update for the DKK lists, bringing the army in line with 5th Ed and the new IG Codex. At-bloody-last...!! :D

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/k/kreig.pdf

Hugz4Genestealers
07-22-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm firmly convinced that forgeworld released the updated rules in response to me buying about 400 pounds sterling worth of Korp infantry. Their little way of saying thank you for giving them my life savings.

Nabterayl
07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Vive le Corps de Morte!

Hugz4Genestealers
07-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Es lebe die Totenkorps der Krieger!

Angelus Mortifer
07-23-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm firmly convinced that forgeworld released the updated rules in response to me buying about 400 pounds sterling worth of Korp infantry. Their little way of saying thank you for giving them my life savings.

Ha, nice. I bought 2500pts worth about 2 years ago (admittedly only a fraction of it assembled and painted even now), but that took a looooong time for a smaller company that could have easily updated it sooner. Still, not complaining now.... honest ;)

Hugz4Genestealers
07-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah... really I can't complain about being given a free army list that I don't have to buy an Imperial Armour book to use.

erwos
07-23-2010, 08:48 AM
My first impression was "WTF, they get +1WS and a couple useful USRs for +1 point? How can this be balanced?"

Then I realized they can't take Chimeras, meltavets, Valks/Vendettas, or Manticores, and that they're basically all foot-slogging across the board while supported by some LRs and artillery. While I wouldn't mind having access to a Medusa that could fire indirectly, I rather suspect that a standard IG army would eat these guys up.

However, I suspect we'll suddenly be seeing a lot of guard-horde armies using these rules, since they present very little cost for a lot of upside. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll pack an extra Hellhound or two just in case.

Melissia
07-23-2010, 09:43 AM
I like it. It's balanced by removal of certain choices.

Hugz4Genestealers
07-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree. I think the seige regiment fluff fits well with the new rules: lack of heavy mechanization, minimal prevalence of antitank assault weapons, emphasis on massed infantry charges with fixed emplacement artillery support. Certainly different from the much more common guard lists found these days. I like it.

erwos
07-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Anyone catch how the breacher drill rules now say that you can hand one to a normal IG veteran squad? I think FW might be getting an order for three of them soon from me... :)

Also, the temptation of a heavy mortar squad is high. Not a lot to dump in elites otherwise...

scadugenga
07-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I liked how they took the cool stuff out of 4th ed (Doctrines) and incorporated them into 5th ed rules, for a fraction of the 4th ed point cost.

Scratch that--not too happy about that. ;P

Though they have perhaps the best Commisar sculpt ever...

Hugz4Genestealers
07-26-2010, 07:18 PM
So would I get in trouble for asking how crewed artillery works? Or do I just have to find someone with a copy of the right IA volume to figure that one out?

RocketRollRebel
07-27-2010, 06:57 AM
So would I get in trouble for asking how crewed artillery works? Or do I just have to find someone with a copy of the right IA volume to figure that one out?

well shot in the dark here but I would assume that they work the same as normal artillery in 40k? With the gun being av10 and randomizing hits and stuff? I don't own any of the IA books tho so I'm really not sure if their rules are any different or if I'm just talking out of my *** at this point! :D

Nabterayl
07-27-2010, 12:17 PM
well shot in the dark here but I would assume that they work the same as normal artillery in 40k? With the gun being av10 and randomizing hits and stuff? I don't own any of the IA books tho so I'm really not sure if their rules are any different or if I'm just talking out of my *** at this point! :D
Nope, you've got it right. It's no different than any other artillery unit - see the main rulebook, page 55. The only difference is that unlike most artillery, the gun models in most Krieg siege regiment artillery units are immobile.

Hugz4Genestealers
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
So wait, what other crewed artillery models are there besides the ones for the Krieg regiments(or any other forgeworld range)?

RocketRollRebel
07-27-2010, 04:33 PM
So wait, what other crewed artillery models are there besides the ones for the Krieg regiments(or any other forgeworld range)?

Woot I got it right! :p

As for other artillery minis/units I believe Ork Big Gunz(think thats what they are called) teams and the Thunder Fire cannon come to mind. Ironically IG don't have any. Also I don't think Eldar heavy support platforms count as artillery but I could be wrong too... But yeah there aren't many in the game really at the moment.