PDA

View Full Version : special campaign wolf lord rules

wolflold
07-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Hey, me and a few friends are gonna start are own campaign and we allow own designed characters. These characters can als get "exp" and gain extra rules, BUT if they die or are wounded also may get negetive rule(s)/modifier(s) and in the worst case even die! I made this character and would like to know what you guys think (i play space wolves btw)

Wolf Lord Hrodgeirr "Krakendoom" (i know the name already exist but i just like it :D)

250 pts

Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
6 5 4 4 3 5 4 10 2+

Wargear:
Jaw of the Kraken, Dragonbane Gauntlet, Serpent Cloak, terminator armour, wolftooth necklace, wolftail talisman.

Special Rules:
Counter attack, acute senses, atsknf, independent character, eternal warrior.

Jaw of the Kraken
The Jaw of the Kraken is a special spear, crafted from the lagre teeth of the Kraken that Hrodgeirr single handedly slew and is treated like a mater crafted frost weapon. The spear wounds always on a 4+, unless the strength modifier is better.

In the shooting phase the spear can be trown and automaticaly returns in the hands of Hrodgeirr.

Range 6" - str 5 - Ap 2 - assault 1

Dragonbane Gauntlet
An ancient gauntlet said to be crafted by te first Iron Priest of the Brotherhood and given to the most courageous warrior. Hrodgeirr has proven himself worthy by slaying an enormous Kraken single handed. Any attacks (ranged and close combat) made by Hrodgeirr count as monsterous creature.

Serpent Cloak:
Hrodgeirr saved the Wolfseye Clan by slaying an deepsea serpent that terrorized them. The Shaman of the clan said that anyone who slew an serpent and wear his skin they would be almost invulnerable. Hrodgeirr said it was just fishersman superstition, but Hrodgeirr survived hits that could kill an marine. The Serpent Claok gives Hrodgeirr an 3+ invulnerable save.

Beast Hunter:
If Hrodgeirr is fighting against an enemy with toughness 5 or more he may re-roll any to hit and wound rolls.

No matter the ods:
Hrodgeirr and any unit he joins are stubborn.

As you can see he is a hunter and fights with spear and (power) fist. Maybe you have some cool ideas i can do with this.

fuzzbuket
07-22-2010, 06:48 AM
hmm im not too keen on the magical returning spear how about

a)arfter throwing it he MUST charge that unit andmay not use the spear in that round of combat

B) make it a harpoon or chain it to him?

SombreBrotherhood
07-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't get the monstrous creature reference under your gauntlet rules. MCs don't get any special juice on ranged attacks, other than being able to fire two weapons/turn. You may as well replace it with: The gauntlet counts as a power weapon, and the Wolf Lord may roll two dice for his armor penetration rolls against a vehicle.

This seems to be in line with what you're after, but does it in a more concise format.

Master Bryss
07-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Again with the not putting it in the Homebrew rules forum...don't people scroll down these days?

For the Kraken Jaw thing, I'd recommend you either make it an MC frost blade or a poisoned power weapon and not whichever one suits you best at the time. Being Poisoned and re-rolling To Wound rolls seems like just throwing on any effect you see in front of you instead of making a single, cool, unique weapon. I would personally just remove the 'at least a 4+' rule and just have a frost blade that gives you re-rolls against MCs.

I agree with fuzbuket, chain the spear to yourself so it comes back. It's too much of a hassle to have a rule about retrieving it.

wolflold
07-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Oops my bad :o

But thanks for the reply. I think im going for a master crafted relic blade, against vehicles he counts as MC, and re-roll wound/hit against MC (so its actualy a normal wolf lord with relic blade and weak melta bombs). The throwing is cool, but the getting it back thats the problem!

Anyway i strarted building the model and will post it in as soon as i can.