PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2nd Wave this year.

eldargal
07-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Compiled by Deff Meks on Warseer, sources are Scryer, Harry and Hastings.:

So it has been declared, Skaven will be getting a 2nd wave before the end of this year. To abrieviate discussion of this from clogging up the High Elf thread I have made a new one. Cheers, Deff.

Summary

Scryer has told us the following.

1) There will be a Skaven art book of sme sort, maybe even a Skaven Uniforms an Heraldry book.

Originally Posted by Scryer in the Darkness
It's a Skaven book unfortunately. I was hoping there might be a 'matching' High Elves one (like with the Battle Magic decks) lurking somewhere further back in the list, but doesn't look like it.
I should say that it's not for 100% certain to be a Heraldry and Uniforms book, just that it is an "art book" code for Skaven. i.e. not a rules or army book code but the same code prefix in which lie the Heraldry and Uniforms books, Collectors Guides, etc.

The page in the 8th Ed rulebook could be an indication.
Art book, magic deck, 6 blisters and 2 plastic boxes.

*runs from the room squealing like a girl!*
I pretty sure it was Harry who said he had seen a WIP Hellpit Abomination a while back, please correct if I'm wrong, so this could be one of the release kits.

Hastings also added this:

Originally Posted by 75hastings69
Can I add a few things?

Would it be nice if there were two new character blisters, 1 a redux of an older model, and 1 a new character from the latest Skaven book
Also, I persume this confirms Tretch as a mini, as he was the new character in the latest Skaven book wasn't he?

That's all folks! Cheers, Deff.

isotope99
07-19-2010, 11:20 AM
This year feels unlikely. It's pretty soon after the Skaven army book and the release schedule is already pretty full until December:

August: Daemons
September: Isle of Blood
October: High Elves
November: Misty Mountains LotR

If they do release new minis though I'd like to see some new jezzails and warp lightning cannon, as these models are starting to look old. Hellpit would be interesting (as long as it's plastic) , but I really want to convert my own.

Gotthammer
07-19-2010, 02:42 PM
The Misty Mountain models are due in October, with rules in WD in November, so I don't think it counts as a 'slot' that would prevent a November Skaven release.

"This October the battle for dominion is set to intensify as both the armies of the Dwarf Holds and the Misty Mountains receive new reinforcements. Players of the Strategy Battle Game will find rules to accompany all these models in November's issue of White Dwarf."

TheBitzBarn
07-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Cause Seriously who Playes LOTR or WORT No one at all No one

Herr Wiggles
07-19-2010, 09:52 PM

I do, and I am waiting for my damned plastic fiefdom models

eldargal
07-19-2010, 10:21 PM
As Gotthammer says, LOTR stuff is in October alongside the High Elf second wave, not sure where this idea that they are coming in November comes from. Dark Eldar are in November, though.

Gotthammer
07-20-2010, 02:18 AM

I do.

As Gotthammer says, LOTR stuff is in October alongside the High Elf second wave, not sure where this idea that they are coming in November comes from. Dark Eldar are in November, though.

The rules for the new minis are to be in WD in November, which is probably it.

Beta_Ray_Bill
07-21-2010, 04:02 AM
Ugh, I seriously hope it's not a book. If it is I hope it doesn't sell one f***ing copy. New jezzails are in order, as are globadiers and even censer bearers. Tretch is overrated... Fun character concept, but he only looks good on paper.

Gatsby
08-11-2010, 01:13 PM
how about Vampire counts second wave its not like we need any new models... unless you count our zombies.... or our black knights.... or our black coach.... or our fell bats.... or bat swarms... or our wraiths... or our spirits.... nothing needs new models, and its not like we've been waiting for 2 years or anything.