PDA

View Full Version : Even More High Elves

Aldramelech
07-18-2010, 03:31 AM
This from the Puzzle Palace:

The High Elves are the noblest of races, the remnant of a once-mighty civilisation that spanned the globe. The titanic destruction unleashed by the Daemons of Chaos and the monstrous betrayal of the Dark Elves left their nation a shadow of its former might and glory, and yet the High Elves fight on. For millennia they have stood sentinel against the depredations of Chaos, thwarting the machinations of the Dark Gods over and again, and though their population has dwindled, the skill and determination of their armies remains steadfast.

In battle, the armies of the High Elves are a glorious sight to behold. Ranks of elite soldiers clad in unspotted white and glittering silver stand against the dark tide of the Forces of Destruction. With a mystical grace and agility that is incomparable to the lumpen, slothful gestures of lesser mortals, they cleave through the foe with spear and blade - their skill and speed a match for any foe. Volleys of white-fletched arrows are sent slashing into the foe, accompanied by the heavier, deadlier shots of the Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers, which can punch through even the thickest armour. Powerful High Elf Mages direct the ebb and flow of the Winds of Magic to smite the foe with incandescent flames, or protect their allies with the dazzling power of Asuryan, the king of the Elven gods.

For more information about the High Elf releases in October, watch out for future newsletters, keep an on the Games Workshop website and check out October's issue of White Dwarf.

eldargal
07-18-2010, 03:37 AM
Hurrah! Please let there be new Everqueen and Maidenguard. Soon we will be able to take our revenge on the treacherous bearded midgets.

AirHorse
07-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Got the email today, dwarves and goblins got some new releases coming up in october too it seems, sweet dealio!

DrLove42
07-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Got the email today, dwarves and goblins got some new releases coming up in october too it seems, sweet dealio!

Lord of the Rings dwarfs and goblins....hence the Misty Mountains

bonswizzle
07-18-2010, 04:27 AM
I guess this muddles up the predicted release schedule then, fair play to GW we didn't see a stand alone release separate from Island of Blood coming out! Maybe they've learnt to keep secrets better!

twistinthunder
07-18-2010, 07:08 AM
I guess this muddles up the predicted release schedule then, fair play to GW we didn't see a stand alone release separate from Island of Blood coming out! Maybe they've learnt to keep secrets better!

really, we over at warseer did, but with the amount of stuff claimed to be coming out in october we didn't know for sure.

scadugenga
07-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Excellent! new sculpts for the HE would be a very good thing.

addamsfamily36
07-18-2010, 09:03 AM
OMG

gamesworkshop is killing me ! i swear they must have thought..hmmm how can we destroy (addamsfamily's life)

3 of my armies re-done in the same year!!

first beast men, then blood angels and now high elves!!

IM SO HAPPY:D

YET so sad :(

I can't afford all this loverly stuff.

Wathapend2urfase
07-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Ugghh...

Why High Elves? Why not an army that hasn't been updated for a while. I can name several.

Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, hell even dwarfs and O&G are pretty dated too.

Although I am excited cause I guarantee that the ASF with great weapons is going away.

eldargal
07-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Edit: Nevermind, blonde moment.

addamsfamily36
07-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Ugghh...

Why High Elves? Why not an army that hasn't been updated for a while. I can name several.

Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, hell even dwarfs and O&G are pretty dated too.

Although I am excited cause I guarantee that the ASF with great weapons is going away.

Erm O&G have had plenty. their book isn;t that old, they had boar riders, and river trolls.

i agree that tomb kings, bretonnians need an update.

wood elves need new rules perhaps but not new miniatures. their entire range pretty much got revamped.

high elves still have sword masters, white lions that need an update, besides awful awful core units lol

its a model release i wouldn't be too sure about a book release. to me it seems very similar to the O&G miniature release.

Aldramelech
07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/kc_4.jpg

addamsfamily36
07-18-2010, 03:03 PM
?

Zeruel13
07-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Unless I'm mistaken aren't High Elves only getting new models not a new book? Very much like Daemons, O&G and Empire before them.

addamsfamily36
07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Unless I'm mistaken aren't High Elves only getting new models not a new book? Very much like Daemons, O&G and Empire before them.

this is my take on it too.

when high elves got their new book, back with the dragon etc, it was known then that it was wave 1 of 2. Now comes the second wave and i wold be very surprised if we got a whole new book. It would be the first time thats happened. and i don;t see any reason to change the book.

TheBitzBarn
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Ugghh...

Actually you are a little off on all of these the High elf Spearmen and Archers are WAY Older than The Tomb Kings(2003), Ogre Kingdoms (2004), Wood Elves (2004), Bretonnian (2003), Dwarves (2005). The High Elf Plastics are dated 1999. So as you can see they need new models.

DarkAngelHopeful
07-19-2010, 01:22 AM
this is my take on it too.

when high elves got their new book, back with the dragon etc, it was known then that it was wave 1 of 2. Now comes the second wave and i wold be very surprised if we got a whole new book. It would be the first time thats happened. and i don;t see any reason to change the book.

This is my thought too. Although, there are some people right now wanting the Swordmasters to lose re-rolls. :rolleyes:

DrLove42
07-19-2010, 01:55 AM

I guess it HE cos they're being released in the Isle of Blood box so may as well release the models as well!

Not until the next codex...until then be very afraid of them...

UltramarineFan
07-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Ugghh...

First I too think it's just going to be models not a new book and even if it is a new book what makes you think they'll get rid of ASF with great weapons, if they wanted to do that they would have done with the FAQ.

DarkAngelHopeful
07-19-2010, 03:19 AM
First I too think it's just going to be models not a new book and even if it is a new book what makes you think they'll get rid of ASF with great weapons, if they wanted to do that they would have done with the FAQ.

That's a good point.

Aldramelech
07-19-2010, 04:48 AM
If you look at the old threads for when O&G's latest models were released and compare it to this, they are very similar in the way they are laid out.

I don't see this as anything but a 2nd wave figure release.

addamsfamily36
07-19-2010, 02:58 PM
This is my thought too. Although, there are some people right now wanting the Swordmasters to lose re-rolls.

lol they can want all they like. Yes its loverly, but its still doesn't make the unit unbeatable.

They still wear paper for armour lol

I remember when in their fluff and rules they could block shots out of the air with their swords, and always strike at initiative with great weapons. :D

DrLove42
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
For anyone in the know a general question....is this just a 2nd wave models release or are the pointy eared folk getting a new army book as well?

cheesyfluff
08-03-2010, 06:46 AM
For anyone in the know a general question....is this just a 2nd wave models release or are the pointy eared folk getting a new army book as well?

I think the general opinion is its just models. Which suits me fine as i am starting High Elves and fantasy in general with the new box set so new spearmen and archers ect put into the Battalion box along with 2 of the boxes will see my painting desk full for a while.

Gatsby
08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
So what is the 2nd wave waiting period? Ive never been able to find a pattern. because arent High Elves newer than Vampire Counts and have they seen a 2nd wave?

Herr Wiggles
08-15-2010, 12:50 AM
High elves came out about 5-6 months before VC

Gatsby
08-17-2010, 08:04 AM
gotcha its been awhile i couldnt remember who was newer. so that makes the wait about 2-3 years?

Herr Wiggles
08-17-2010, 05:17 PM
pretty much, they came out november 07