PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst sculptors in WH

carrotcolossus
07-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Hey,

I was wondering which sculptors you think are the best/worst? Give examples of their fine/terrible work as well so we can compare.

I can honestly say that I never have really paid attention to it until relatively recently and I want to know who to thank God for and who to curse when I hear of new models coming out.

Orminah
07-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Well, as far as terrible, I don't know their name, and for that, they should be happy.

But whoever ruined the concept of "something you'd kill your mother for a chance to bed" for Daemonettes is at the top of my list.

fuzzbuket
07-18-2010, 02:39 AM
stop moaning most of you cant do better :P

eldargal
07-18-2010, 03:11 AM
I think a lot of people have trouble with the whole Daemonette thing. the models express Slaanesh' dual nature rather well and possess an air of ethereal horror and beauty, in my mind. They have an aura which makes people want to bed them, they themsleves are not beautiful in any way we would think of it. People need to remember that aesthetic appeal is subjective before condemning the models as bad, there is nothing wrong with them.

Well, as far as terrible, I don't know their name, and for that, they should be happy.

But whoever ruined the concept of "something you'd kill your mother for a chance to bed" for Daemonettes is at the top of my list.

Grailkeeper
07-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Not strictly fantasy but Jes goodwins models- in particular the necromunda models, are a joy to paint. I loved doing up my escher.

DrLove42
07-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Again no names (this rapidly becoming a favourite/least favourite model thread) but the sculptors for the Space Hulk Termys are amazing

twistinthunder
07-18-2010, 06:52 AM
aly morrison is definitely the best sculptor, his new Minotaur models are AMAZING! *sarcasm*

martin footit has my vote for best, his work on the new IoB HE is astounding.

eldargal
07-18-2010, 06:56 AM
I like Trish Morrisons beasties, like the 'new' High Elf Dragon.

Orminah
07-18-2010, 09:39 PM
I think a lot of people have trouble with the whole Daemonette thing. the models express Slaanesh' dual nature rather well and possess an air of ethereal horror and beauty, in my mind. They have an aura which makes people want to bed them, they themsleves are not beautiful in any way we would think of it. People need to remember that aesthetic appeal is subjective before condemning the models as bad, there is nothing wrong with them.

I'm quite sure that I'm entitled to my own opinion, and that's what this thread is asking for. I think there's something wrong with them, and by God, as far as I'm concerned, they are not worth buying. Thank you very much, and have a nice day.

eldargal
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Never said you shouldn't have an opinion, just pointing out that the widespread belief that Daemonettes should be beautiful in a modern aesthetic sense is erroneous.:) Doesn't mean you have to like them.

I'm quite sure that I'm entitled to my own opinion, and that's what this thread is asking for. I think there's something wrong with them, and by God, as far as I'm concerned, they are not worth buying. Thank you very much, and have a nice day.