PDA

View Full Version : Kustom Force Field vs Flamers -- did I overlook a rule?

Getouttadodge01
07-16-2010, 03:38 PM
I had a game the other day where my friend had 3 trucks lined up and i torched all 3 with my Baal predator flamestorm cannon and 2 flame sponsons, which coulda done some serious damage to the trukks.

Flamestorm is s6 and Heavy flamers are s5 ( i think)

SO he had a Kustom Force Field giving them all a 4+ save (he just left it at 4+ save, no real description). He rolled 4's and up and i just went "meh, better luck next time".

This morning i woke up and went "hey, isn't KFF a cover save?"

Then i went "HEY! dont flamers ignore all cover!?"

So did i cheat myself out of some str rolls against his vehicles?

Thanks for the illumination guys,

Fluff justification***:I can see high velocity/impact projectiles hitting the field and bouncing off, but i cant see medium-to-slow velocity gouts of prometheum hitting the shield and just running off of it. After all, bikers can assault into it at a decent speed!

*** :D

mathhammer
07-16-2010, 04:10 PM
So did i cheat myself out of some str rolls against his vehicles?

no

Did you get cheated by the Ork player.

Yes

Getouttadodge01
07-16-2010, 04:28 PM
FILTHY GREENSKIN! *shakes fist* thanks for the confirmation mathhammer

MarshalAdamar
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
You got hosed. No KFF save for template weapons ;(

Mike X
07-16-2010, 05:37 PM
This is good to know though. There's a few Ork players at my LGS, and they love to use the KFF.

Getouttadodge01
07-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah, its definitely good to know. I think it makes BA much more competitive against Kult of Speed and Orks in general.

My deployment was keeping my Baal Predator in the back near my objective. He sent in 3 trucks flat out towards my base and on my turn i jumped out from behind cover and hosed him. Hit all 3, pretty awesome.

If you zoom up 12 inches and torch him with the Flamestorm, you get a 6+ save next turn from the angry orks that are inevitably going to spill towards you.