PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Releases the Kommandos

Old_Paladin
07-16-2010, 03:35 PM
A new kommando kit from forgeworld.
The gasmasks are pretty cool, but I think the Nob with oversized axe and bosspole looks kind of silly.

You be the judge: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ORK-KOMMANDO-CONVERSION-SET.html

Drew da Destroya
07-16-2010, 04:53 PM
My friend showed me these at work today... I had the same thought about the Nob. I just don't think he looks very sneaky... Althought the gas masks and packs are pretty sweet.

Still, I'll stick with my oddly-mixed squad of 2nd edition and kitbashed Kommandos.

Grailkeeper
07-16-2010, 04:55 PM
That axe is pretty silly looking.

the gasmask would be useful if anyone every wanted to do a nurgle cult ork army

eldargal
07-17-2010, 01:53 AM
I usually like FW Orky stuff but I really dislike the Kommando's, I prefer GWs metal ones. Wish they would hurry up and start talking about the Eldar vs Space Wolves IA.

harrybuttwhisker
07-17-2010, 03:57 AM
you have got to wait for the IA badab war first, hence the funky armour mark marine head in the newsletter ;)

DrLove42
07-17-2010, 07:38 AM
you have got to wait for the IA badab war first, hence the funky armour mark marine head in the newsletter ;)

When i went to the FW open day earlier this year they talking about the IA9 (the next one) being "Marines" and not expanding on that at all. Guess a pre-heresy or a badab book would fit that pretty well!

They then said IA10 would be "Eldar vs someone" and would include the rules for phantom and warlock titans (warlock as a counts as....for now)

harrybuttwhisker
07-17-2010, 02:00 PM
keep your eyes open for badab war books from black library at roughly the same time

PhatCat
07-19-2010, 03:43 PM
What's really awesome is that the ****ing resin kit backpacks feature the option Kommandos really could use (TANKBUSTA BOMBS) that they don't have.

Agreed on the nob, but I dig the gas masks.