PDA

View Full Version : Indepedent character's special rules

titan eddy
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
If a independent character is in a squad and for example kharn goes into a squad of regular csm do they get fearless and furious charge?
(srry if this is already asked and answered)

Hugz4Genestealers
07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this has come up before, so let's see if I can get it at least partially right off the top of my head.
Fearless(or Stubborn, or any other USR that deals with taking Morale checks like that) is generally lost by an IC who joins a non-Fearless/Stubborn squad UNLESS his rules state that he extends the benefits of the rule to any squad he joins/within X inches (like Commisars/Lord Commisars). As for most other USR's that aren't inherently squad-based, like Furious Charge in your example, I believe the IC retains it, but doesn't grant the bonus to the squad he joins, unless otherwise stated.

Nabterayl
07-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty sure this has come up before, so let's see if I can get it at least partially right off the top of my head.
Fearless(or Stubborn, or any other USR that deals with taking Morale checks like that) is generally lost by an IC who joins a non-Fearless/Stubborn squad UNLESS his rules state that he extends the benefits of the rule to any squad he joins/within X inches (like Commisars/Lord Commisars). As for most other USR's that aren't inherently squad-based, like Furious Charge in your example, I believe the IC retains it, but doesn't grant the bonus to the squad he joins, unless otherwise stated.
Exactly correct. The justification is that if a character's men run away, he isn't going to abandon them even if he himself still has his wits about him. This may seem unfluffy for many Chaos characters, but the rule was written with general applications in mind.

titan eddy
07-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Ya that sounds right thanks alot

Culven
07-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Of course, one could verify whether the unit benefits by checking the USRs in the rulebook to see which have an asterisk and which do not.