PDA

View Full Version : questions re: witch hunters adversaries

rbryce
07-12-2010, 02:50 AM
so i was just flicking through the adversaries section of the WH dex, and thought to myself "is it a requirement to notify your opponant about the psychic apocalypse rules?". the psychic apocalypse is an add on for an enemy HQ(not khorne or necrons though) to develop "terrifying psychic powers". the player may roll a D6 and consult the chart(3 powers, 1/3 of a chance for each). do fellow WH/SoB players tell there opponant of this before a game? am i required to do so? i dont mind if it is a requirement to tell the opponant, as the game just becomes more fun.

Another thought that came to mind was creating a kill team with the adversaries rules (i have the relevent chaos and guard old-school dexs) for my partner, as she likes the game and models, but doesnt like pushing 40+ dude(ettes) around, and is interested in kill team as you only need a handfull of minis. is this a good idea? i thought it would be a bit of a laugh really, as i guess they should be balanced perfectly against each other, and i could even take it down to the store to play against some of the younger guys, and help them know the rules better.

BlackKnight15624
07-12-2010, 08:01 AM
It would appear that the adversaries section was written for people who want to play against Witch Hunters- there's no requirement anywhere that says the WH player HAS to inform their opponent of their (dubious) good fortune.

However, if you think it'd make for a more fun game, then by all means, tell your opponent and have a great time actually hunting witches!

As to your second point, a kill team with Adversaries is a pretty darn cool idea, actually- psykers and traitors guarding a rogue psyker sounds like a kick-a idea. It really is entirely up to you and your opponent- if they think it's cool and fluffy to play WH kill teams against a Witch's kill team, then by all means (I don't see what the problem would be...)

Happy gaming!