PDA

View Full Version : First 8th ed Chaos attempt

bryce963
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
So, my thoughts on this.
With wizards blowing up, one really good one seems like a good idea. It both maximizes the magic I can do by giving him all the dice, and minimizes the risks of going horribly wrong and wiping out half the army. Also he can intensify or lessen miscasts.

A BSB is essential, and he adds some protection to a warrior unit. The khorne hero goes with the marauders and adds some punch.

Horde khorne marauders, yes please. Super cheap, tons of attacks, 41 str 5 attacks on the charge, and 10 bodies to sacrifice, immune it psych.

Tzeentch warriors, fairly survivable and putting in quite a few fast good strength attacks, the magic resistance will make them even more survivable. Might hide the sorcerer or BSB in here.

Khorne warriors put out 25 attacks, and immune to psych, and the razor standard will make those attacks count.

Warhounds are bullet catchers and flank chargers, though I think you need more than five to count on the flanks, need to look again.

Not sure about mark of Khorne on the chosen, maybe nurgle or tzeentch, but the all terrain strider will have them going anywhere and getting to things that thought they were safe.

Warshrines make things more awesome in general, and are fairly well protected.

Problems I see are so many things have to charge and could be lead into places I don't want, I might want to change the chosen because of that.

Thoughts? I've not gotten to play much fantasy, and none with the new rules so this is a first brush after reading through the new book and FAQ.

Lords
350 Sorcerer lord lvl 4, infernal puppet mark of tzeentch, dispel scroll

Heroes
210 Exalted Hero , BSB, blasted standard , stream of corruption , shield , mark of tzeentch
170 Exalted Hero , mark of khorne , orge axe enchanted shield

Core
250 40 marauders , mark of khorne , flails , full command
345 15 warriors of chaos, full command, mark of khorne, extra weapon, razor standard
305 15 warriors of chaos, full command, mark of tzeentch, shields, lichebone pennant
30 5 warhounds
30 5 warhounds
30 5 warhounds
30 5 warhounds

Special
435 15 chosen , great weapons, full command, favor of the gods, mark of khorne, rangers standard

Rare
150 Warshrine of tzeentch
150 Warshrine of tzeentch

bryce963
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Also, just rolled some dice and to test out the monstrous infantry with trolls v. chaos warriors. That's pretty awesome, though they will usually not be fighting such hard opponents.

270 points for 6 of them might be worth it.

The unit puts out 24+3 auto hit str 5 attacks, has 24 wounds and if you make the regenerate saves, they get better. Also vomit to handle hard stuff if need be.

joescalise
07-11-2010, 10:48 AM
it sucks that the high elves cannot have anymore special units then everyone else like they used to. I know they can have more of the same unit but that is not the same as before. We play big battles like 4000 points and it is hard to make a high elf army when you can only put 25% in special troops. Most of the army is in the specail catagory.

Fizyx
07-11-2010, 11:21 AM
it sucks that the high elves cannot have anymore special units then everyone else like they used to. I know they can have more of the same unit but that is not the same as before. We play big battles like 4000 points and it is hard to make a high elf army when you can only put 25% in special troops. Most of the army is in the specail catagory.

You can put 50% into special.

bryce963
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM

1. What does that have to do with a Chaos army list?

2. You have obviously read neither the new rules nor the FAQ for high elves

3. Special is up to 50% of the army, and High Elves have no limits on the number of duplicate specials or rares they can take.

4. I made a HE list that was one huge unit of seaguard and 4 units of swordmasters, it sounds like fun.

Dwarflord17404
07-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Back to the topic at hand...

1) I relize that WOC is an eltie army but every unit has a special banner. I thik that you should drop them all in favor of another unit.

2) Besides the hounds your army lacks speed . With all the addtional war machines, magic abd shooting. I am not sure if you can get accross the table with any strength.

3) your only have one kill me at all cost unit (the chosen). Regardlesss of the game system it is best to have 2 of these as it puts pressure on your oppenent and forces him/her to either spilt fire or eradicate one and hope for the best.