PDA

View Full Version : Burna/Loota Box Question

RampageRabbit
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm interested in putting both a 10 man Loota Squad and a 10 man Burna boy squad together for my Waaagh which obviously means buying some of the kits and I have a question. Am I able to make 5 Burnas/Lootas with the box or am I stuck with 4 Lootas/Burnas and that damn Mek?

Second question: Do you think sticking Burna heads on Ork Boys would be enough to make them "kommando-y"?

MightyOrang
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
i can't speak to the burna boxed set, as i don't own any. as to kommandos, they look like whatever you want. (just remember the powerklaw!)

RebelGrot
07-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Firstly I'm 90% sure it's parts for 5 boys with the option to upgrade one to a mek - there's a seperate frame with head, body and custom mega blasta For the mek on.
Second, yea, they look pretty good as 'kommando-y' heads, I used a couple of them, an old metal burna boy head and one or two from the Stormboyz box and got a
really good looking squad!
Hope that helps :)

Big mek
07-10-2010, 03:29 AM
i can't speak to the burna boxed set, as i don't own any. as to kommandos, they look like whatever you want. (just remember the powerklaw!)

And by that, he means Boss Snikrot ;)

Master Bryss
07-10-2010, 04:41 AM
I used the Burna headz to make Tankbustas and they look great! I'm sure they could be used for Kommandoes too, although I'd give them all backpacks as well to be on the safe side.

One Loota/Burna sprue only contains 4 Deffguns and 4 Burnaz, which is pretty annoying (almost as if GW wanted to nerf your squad). I made a fifth Loota by taking a big shoota and bolting on several normal shootas to give it more dakka. Converting a fifth Burna would no doubt be harder though.

CitizenZero
07-10-2010, 05:26 AM
I used the Burna headz to make Tankbustas and they look great! I'm sure they could be used for Kommandoes too, although I'd give them all backpacks as well to be on the safe side.

One Loota/Burna sprue only contains 4 Deffguns and 4 Burnaz, which is pretty annoying (almost as if GW wanted to nerf your squad). I made a fifth Loota by taking a big shoota and bolting on several normal shootas to give it more dakka. Converting a fifth Burna would no doubt be harder though.Yup. What he said on all counts.

In addition, the sprues in all the Loota/Burna boxes are flawed...in that you dont get the other arm to go with the Big Shoota in the box...figure THAT one out. :/

RebelGrot
07-10-2010, 08:50 AM
One Loota/Burna sprue only contains 4 Deffguns and 4 Burnaz.

Dang! There's that 10% doubt I was worried about! Thinking about it these guys are right. Conversion wise, If you're doing burna boys it's not too hard to add another, can use any flamer typed bits and match it in pretty easily, can even convert the custom mega blasta of the mek with minimal fuss as it already has the little tanks on it. Lootas can be tricky if you want them fairly uniform as the gun frame is a pain, but without the frame, as Master Bryss said, a couple of big shootas definately do the trick!

LadasN
07-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah only 4 guns of either squad but its not rlly hard to convert the others. Heck, I turned my lootas into flashgitz with minimal conversion work which makes that kit pretty good imo.