PDA

View Full Version : Are Eldar Wraithlords...

Denzark
07-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Affected by poison in the usual way, ie 2+ for Hellfire rounds from Sternguard to do damage?

DrLove42
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Yes. One of the most effective ways to kill them

Nabterayl
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Amazingly, nothing works better against an inanimate object controlled by a ghost than a little good old fashioned poison :p

Warptiger
07-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Amazingly, nothing works better against an inanimate object controlled by a ghost than a little good old fashioned poison :p

Wraithlords are grown out of wraithbone, not built. All of the eldar stuff is based on a super advanced bio-organic technology. So poison actually makes a weird sort of sense.

Forget poison though... the funnest way to kill a wraithlord is to cast "Gift of Chaos" at it. Poof, you're a chaos spawn. The fact that chaos spawn are really sucky in the current chaos codex just adds insult to injury.

Erasmus of Baal
07-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Actually, I recall reading something in the fluff that it's not necessarily a literal poison, but some sort of special projectile designed to take out a specific lightweight target, as even just the same toxin won't necessarily work against everyone.

So, yeah. It works.

Lordgimpet
07-10-2010, 10:31 AM
yeah its odd how some things get an odd clasification like MC and then makes then die to the most obscure things. poisons and snipers are the bane of my wraithlords

scadugenga
07-11-2010, 08:42 AM
yeah its odd how some things get an odd clasification like MC and then makes then die to the most obscure things. poisons and snipers are the bane of my wraithlords

Agreed. Annoying 4+ wounds on T8... ;)

Though to be honest, that's not as bad as my Avatar being most likely to die in CC against run-of-the-mill IG dweebs...