PDA

View Full Version : New FAQs!!!

Chuck777
07-09-2010, 02:26 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2

Enjoy

Chuck777
07-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Q. The Speed of Asuryan special rule states that “all High Elves
have the special rule Always Strike First, regardless of the weapon
they are wielding.” How does this interact with a great weapons
Always Strike Last? (p43)

A. The army book will take precedence in this situation. For
example, a Sword Master would strike first with his great
weapon. If his Initiative value is equal to or higher than his
opponent’s, he will also benefit from a re-roll to hit.

So, Swordmasters just became really good!

Legoklods
07-09-2010, 04:30 AM
So, Swordmasters just became really good!

Its been this way all along. nothing new there...

Nikephoros
07-09-2010, 05:24 AM
I am sad, they got rid of WoC Rending Sword cheese. My sorcerer on disc just went from being indescribably good to just really good.

CitizenZero
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I am sad, they got rid of WoC Rending Sword cheese. My sorcerer on disc just went from being indescribably good to just really good.They got rid of the TK Destroyer of Eternities cheese as well, the last FAQ stated that you COULD use its special attack with Incantation of Righteous Smiting.

:/

Not even mad though, since I'm wasn't going to pick my Tomb Kings back up until they got a new book...

Orcs and Goblins WAAAGH!

kallistosprom
07-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Either i'm going bonkers but am I reading Toughness 10 steam tank correctly :D

CitizenZero
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Either i'm going bonkers but am I reading Toughness 10 steam tank correctly :DRemember that Strength 1 can hurt Toughness 10 now though...

kallistosprom
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I like my odds on the Stank surviving,t he difference is that now a Bolt Thrower wounds the Tank on 6, a Stone Thrower on 5 and a cannon on 4. A S7 Hero/Lord in CC will only wound it on 6. Oh and immune to metal magic

Old_Paladin
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I like my odds on the Stank surviving,t he difference is that now a Bolt Thrower wounds the Tank on 6, a Stone Thrower on 5 and a cannon on 4. A S7 Hero/Lord in CC will only wound it on 6. Oh and immune to metal magic

Yeah, but units with poison will get in a bunch of autowounds and bowfire will wound it as easily as warmachines do (and weight of fire can add up really quick; even with a great armour save).
You also need to look out for heroic killing blow, which could kill it with just a single hit.

Also, where does it say that it's immune to metal magic?