PDA

View Full Version : Mac vs PC

DarkAngelHopeful
07-08-2010, 03:42 AM
Dear BoLS readers,

Do you use a Mac or a PC and why? I'm curious as to what BoLS readers use.

Respectfully,
DarkAngelHopeful

P.S. I use Macs at home because they almost always work (I would say always, but I'm leaving room for error despite how tiny it is), no real virus threats, I like their OS. I use PCs at work because that's all the military uses.

Kieranator K82
08-30-2010, 04:22 AM
At first glance, I thought this was about the commercials. Still, PC. Why? Well let me tell you (and this is based on said commercials): Mac is an uptight, self-righteous, precocious, improfessional, 'no-right-clicking' SOB! (Not that kind of SoB, Melissia)

Besides, haven't you heard? All Mac users go to hell.

Duke
09-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey, I resemble that statement! And if heaven is where pc users go then we will have some company in hell when heaven crashes and falls to hell

Duke

Gotthammer
09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/129115793545040623.jpg

And having used a PC since the 90s it's been a progressive upgrading, so to switch systems would have meant buying everything over again.

Denzark
09-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Better games. So PC all the way. Maybe I should transfer to Mac so the games are crapper and I 'll get more painting done.

HaHa

Did I say better games?

Having said that, I am being told by several independent sources that the 'pro' would get a mac, and 'partition' it so you have windows for games and mac for processing etc.

Drew da Destroya
09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I just don't like paying extra for the letter "i".

BuFFo
09-23-2010, 10:30 PM
PC all the way.

Easy to use, no viruses (because I am not a middle aged wife who opens junik mail, or visits seedy websites then click random links), Windows 7 is the best operating system I have yet used on a PC, and I can actually play GAMES.

As an artist, MACs stopped being relevant in the late 90's to me, when MACs stopped being 'the best' platform for artists.

Inquisitor Hate Machine
09-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Take your pick.

I use my wife's 27" iMac at home, or my 10.1" ubuntu netbook at home and on the road, win7 at one job, win2K at another, iOS4 on my iPhone....

They are all the same, except linux sucks at flash implimentation right now.

Duke
10-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Better games. So PC all the way. Maybe I should transfer to Mac so the games are crapper and I 'll get more painting done.

HaHa

Did I say better games?

Having said that, I am being told by several independent sources that the 'pro' would get a mac, and 'partition' it so you have windows for games and mac for processing etc.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! get a mac and partition it! I love my mac, but I also had 3 PC's crash on me in one year so I would love a hampster as an OS if it played my Itunes library.

Duke