PDA

View Full Version : My NEW SKAVEN 1.5k list for tournament

davitia
07-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Ok, I have a NEW list and it looks better, I think. Tell me if this list have a chance in a tournament.

- Plague Priest, level 2, plague censer, dispel scroll, bitting blade
Plague Furnace, 25 Plague Monks, Storm Banner, Musician
- Warlock Engineer, level 2, Warp energy condenser, warplock pistol, Warpstone token
- Warlock Engineer, level 2, Dispel scroll, Warpstone token, warplock pistol
- 20 X Skavenslaves
- 20 X Skavenslaves
- 10 Night runners (for controling the frenzied Plague Monks)
- 25 X Clanrats, musician, standard, ratling gun
- 25 X Clanrats, musician, standard, warpfire thrower
- 20 X Clanrats, musician, standard, ratling gun
- Doomwheel

1500 pts.

What do you think??

Beta_Ray_Bill
07-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok, I have a NEW list and it looks better, I think. Tell me if this list have a chance in a tournament.

- Plague Priest, level 2, plague censer, dispel scroll, bitting blade
Plague Furnace, 25 Plague Monks, Storm Banner, Musician
You may want to drop the plague censer, you have to be in base to base contact to use it(if he's on the furnace it wouldn't work ever i think...), and even then you only cause 1(MAYBE 2) toughness tests. Not really worth it IMO.

- Warlock Engineer, level 2, Warp energy condenser, warplock pistol, Warpstone token
- Warlock Engineer, level 2, Dispel scroll, Warpstone token, warplock pistol

These are good, so long as you keep each of them in the clanrats groups.

- 20 X Skavenslaves
- 20 X Skavenslaves
- 10 Night runners (for controling the frenzied Plague Monks)
- 25 X Clanrats, musician, standard, ratling gun
- 25 X Clanrats, musician, standard, warpfire thrower
- 20 X Clanrats, musician, standard, ratling gun

AFAIK; Musicians add 1 to combat res, and allow you to free reform. No skaven player in their right mind would use the horde formation, as our average troops already die in droves and we can't normally afford to lose Strength in numbers. So if you like the +1, keep them, otherwise I wouldn't.

- Doomwheel
1500 pts.
What do you think??
We all know that the DW is good.

Overall, it's a pretty solid list. Decent shooting, solid magic, and plenty of speed bumps. :D I'm interested in hearing your battle plan as well!

I'd need to brush up on the effects of musicians, but if they do what I think they do, I'd drop them and fill out your last clanrat platoon. Larger groups mean we're stubborn in combat anyways!

Bard of Twilight
07-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Sorry but we are not permitted to have 2 Dispel Scrolls in our lists.A nice list, even though I would consider an Assasin or sth that provides some decent cc damage (other than the random one of the Doomwheel).

Beta_Ray_Bill
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Sorry but are we permited to have 2 Dispel Scrolls in our lists.A nice list, even though I would consider an Assasin or sth that provides some decent cc damage (other than the random one of the Doomwheel).

A HA! You caught it, I missed it! Yes, D scrolls are 0-1 per army. Assassins are nice, but a little pricey and take up a lord spot(I think, book is at home). You could fit one in if you strip down the Warlocks or just ditch one.

Akimbo Lizard
07-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna make my first list right now, any tips besides "Rats. Rats. Rats! Thousands! Millions of them! All red blood! All these will I give you if you will obey me. "?

Like good Heros?

Also what not to take?

Jwolf
07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd stick with casting heroes at 1500; you really aren't going to win a lot of combats without getting the flanks, and your fighting heroes can't stand up to most other heroes.