PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of hosting a Tourney. Anyone......

HsojVvad
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Hello all, I just found a place where I could host a big tourney. This tourney would be for fun and nothing too serious. I believe this place can hold 20 or more tables.

I never have done anything like this before, but willing to try. It's a good excuse for a good large get together, since people say socializing is part of the hobby. I live in Brantford Ontario Canada. I know it's a far far place for most of you, but I know some people like to travel.

So if anyone would like to travel and willing to show up, I am willing to try and get this place for the get together. Cost depends on how many people show up.

So no date is set, no time is set. Nothing is set yet, but I want to see if there is interest in people actually showing up.

My wife can get you guys good rates at the local hotels if you guys wish to stay the nite. Brantford is 1 hour west of Toronto. It's about 20 minutes west of Hamilton. It is about 3 or 4 hours from Windsor, sorry but I forget how long that is. It's about 1 hour east of London, Ontario.

So If I see a large intrest of people willing to make the trip, I will then make a date and see if anyone would want to help then. Please let me know if you would like to attend.

I never did the socilizing aspect of the hobby much, only played 4 games, so this my attempt at trying something new. If we get enough people this could become a yearly bi yearly or a quaterly event then.

Please let me know.

Melissia
07-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Damn. I lost contact with the girl I knew in Canada sometime late last year. A pity, she was an avid Necron/CSM/Daemons collector.

Chris Copeland
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
HV, that sounds awesome! Believe me, if I were ANYWHERE near you I'd be there with bells on! However, I live in South Central Texas so I am just too darned far away! Good luck with your tourney, though!

Cheers! Chris

HsojVvad
07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
It's a shame you live to far away Melisia and Chris, would have been nice to meet you guys in person. Instead of saying you live too far away, I should say, I live to far away from everyone. But I like to travel when I can, and I believe others as well. I am hoping some of those people would like to travel here because as of right now, I can't travel.

If things go well, we could have over 50 people but I don't think it will happen, but you don't know if you don't ask.

DarkLink
07-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah, its tough for poor college students to travel. I've never even been out of the continental states, either, just all over them.

Melissia
07-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Closest I could say is that I've been to mexico to buy mexican chocolate <3

scadugenga
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Huh, surprisingly it's only about 8 hours away by car. Who'd a thought.

However, with a baby on the way, I'm going to be fairly shackled to the homestead for the forseeable future.

Getting sent to Austin for work was almost an issue. :)

Getting out of country's easier than you think. Travelzoo has some crazy deals. :)

DarkLink
07-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Getting out of country's easier than you think. Travelzoo has some crazy deals. :)

My family has always gone to Michigan for vacations, as that's where our extended family lives. So we've never taken the opportunity to go out of country, just drive across the country.

And, of course, being in California makes it a little out of the way to get to Canada. It's at least a 10 hour drive just to get to the nearest border.