PDA

View Full Version : GK allies

Erasmus of Baal
07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
No, this isn't about whether or not I'm allowed to take them.

I want to put together some Grey Knights as allies for my Blood Angels army. So far, so good. I haven't even started these, and I'm just hoping for opinions: should I, or should I not, wait for the rumored January release to do this, or just go for it now? I'm not sure about it if I wait, but if I do it now them I'm definitely making them as custom models instead of the metals.

Nabterayl
07-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Depends on how forgiving your group is, in my opinion. With GKs likely coming out in the next year or so I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting GK allies unless I knew my friends would allow GK allies, as there's no guarantee that the new codex will.

HsojVvad
07-04-2010, 09:50 AM
No, this isn't about whether or not I'm allowed to take them.

I want to put together some Grey Knights as allies for my Blood Angels army. So far, so good. I haven't even started these, and I'm just hoping for opinions: should I, or should I not, wait for the rumored January release to do this, or just go for it now? I'm not sure about it if I wait, but if I do it now them I'm definitely making them as custom models instead of the metals.

Do it now, if that will make you have more fun. If you wait for the GK codex to come out, I am shure you will not be able to. So do it while you can, as long as you have the paper DH codex.

Just be prepared if you do it now, when and if the GK codex comes out, you will not be able to do it no more then. So in other words, enjoy it while you can.

Baron Spikey
07-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Of course even if you can't use Grey Knights as allies you'll have a cool Kill Team to go alongside your usual large BA force.

Lucidum
07-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I personally like having the kinda proudness and prestige of having models that are older, to mix in with my units that are recieving new models. I bought a set of Pink Horrors of Tzeentch for my Chaos Daemons army specifically for that reason, even though I knew that the new plastic ones are on their way and want to get some. I did the same thing for Genestealers for my tyranid army, back when the old old old 2nd ed models were still being used.

It just depends on your personal preference I guess. The current GK models are still really awesome, even if metal and expensive.