PDA

View Full Version : The Equinox Legion- Chaos Daemons Project Log

Lucidum
07-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Hello all, I'm fairly new to the forums, but not the hobby. I've been playing 40K and a little fantasy here and there for around 10 years now, and I thought I'd jump on the hobby bandwagon and start a project log for my current Warhammer 40,000 Army- Chaos Daemons. I've named my army The Equinox Legion, as it's an alignment of all four gods (mostly because while I only like Khorne, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch, I couldn't simply leave poor Nurgle out). I'll post some backstory stuff on here sometime soon in the future, as well as project pics and the like. There's an escalation league at my local store that starts on the first wednesday of each month and goes 'til the end of the month (except this month for some reason...), so starting in August when the new daemon models come out, I'll be playing in the league. I'll post my list thus far later today.

Lucidum
07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
In the depths of Van Grothe's Rapidity, a dark pact was made upon etherium-engulfed ruins of Medusa V's desecrated cities. 4 Heralds, one of each god -Slaanesh, Khorne, Nurgle, and Tzeentch- were given by their repsective deities a legion of daemons at their command, as well as relative autonomy with which to accomplish their dark tasks. What this fell mission truly is is a mystery to outside races, but wherever this unholy alignment of ruinous powers strikes, destruction follows as hordes of supernatural terrors invade the mortal realm. Each of these daemon heralds is a testament to their god's absolute domination over the immaterium, and the might of their armies marching to war can stir fear within even the stoutest of mortal hearts, for they are the Equinox Legion, Chaos Unidivded by petty squabbling or insignificant differences, but united in a bid for domination over mortal and immortal alike.

So there's the backstory-ishness. Here's the list thus far (don't worry, I'll have all gods represented equally once I'm done, this is just based on my models thus far).

HQ:

Incestuara, Harem-Mistress of the Sixth Circle- Herald of Slaanesh with Chaos Icon, Soporific Musk, Transfixing Gaze, Aura of Acquiescence, and Rending Claws

Kul'ra'g Doomtalon- Herald of Khorne with hellblade, Fury of Khorne, Unholy Might, and Blessing of the Blood God

Elites:

Urux'ire the 4th Rider- Bloodcrusher of Khorne with hellblade and iron hide

Churnboil- Beast of Nurgle with Noxious Touch

HellStag- Fiend of Slaanesh

Troops:

Doomtalon's Phalanx- 7 Bloodletters of Khorne (8 with Doomtalon joining) with Icon and Instrument, Hellblades

The Cohort of Ragehorn- 12 Bloodletters of Khorne with hellblades, icon, instrument, and leader w/ Fury of Khorne

The Harem of the Sixth Circle- 11 (12 with Herald joining) Daemonettes of Slaanesh with aura of acquiescence, rending claws, icon, instrument, and leader w/ transfixing gaze

The Changesayers- 5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

Well, there you have it, my list thus far. Come August and the escalation league I'll be adding a daemon prince, more horrors (a LOT more), plaguebearers, another unit of Daemonettes, 7 more Bloodcrushers (to make 8, of course ;3), greater daemons (starting with a conversion based on the new fateweaver) and at least one soulgrinder.

(don't worry, pics come Thursday when my day off from work comes)

Herald of Nurgle
07-04-2010, 05:17 AM
And I... was one of those Heralds.

Looks like a good list man with a good bit of fluff behind it. :)

Lucidum
07-14-2010, 11:48 PM
The time was nigh. From beyond the veil of the blind eternities, on the ever-mutating mesa of the bloodstone plains in the formless wastes, daemonic forces gathered around the flickering fires of an eminent warp rift like carrion birds around a corpse. The forces of 4 Heralds, Slaaneshi, Tzeentchian, Nurglesque, and Khornate, jostled and shoved, milling around what was soon to be a portal to the material realm.

Incestuara, Harem-Mistress of the Sixth Circle, strode forth from amongst a pack of tittering Daemonettes, her sisters giggling and whispering as their leader approached the rift, before which stood the Chronicler of Calamities, Tzeentch’s representative in this endeavor. “What are we waiting for, change-spawn? My sisters and I are growing impatient with your dawdling!” She flexed her slender, ridged claws, a silent threat toward the Tzeentchian herald. The Chronicler shrugged simply, leaning upon its icon-bearing staff and looking at the Daemonette bemusedly. “What rush is there, *****-daemon? Hurry thou towards the realm of mortals? No Point, no hurry. Patience” it hissed sibilantly, its flanging voice speaking a thousand whispered syllables in a million different voices as its ever-shifting body contorted and writhed, faces and body parts outlined through its flesh, a testament to the many souls housed within the herald’s form.
Striding forward, striking a fellow Bloodletter out of his way arrogantly, came the Herald of Khorne Kul’ra’g Doomtalon, his two-meter long hellblade resting easily on his well-muscled shoulder. “For once, I agree with the aforementioned *****-daemon, Chronicler. My warriors are thirsty for blood and glory, and there is much to be had of both on the other side of that portal. Now open the damned rift, before I decide to have my Bloodletters take out their ire upon your pathetic horrors!” He growled spitefully, claws clenching around the grip of his fell weapon, kneading the worn hilt and grinding his fangs, blood-hungry rage barely contained.

At the rear of the daemonic legion, atop a palanquin of rotting timbers and held aloft by a horde of chattering Nurglings, Gro’nul’ostrek, Herald of Nurgle, lazily slid beads across the bars of his bone-framed abacus, tallying up how many times in this alliance the other three heralds had come to argument. With a flick of his finger, he counted this as the two hundred and seventy-ninth time thus far. Shambling around his lofted position were his droning cohorts of Plaguebearers, looking almost as bored as he was. Though dripping and crusted with disease-ridden flesh, buboes, and weeping sores the colour of rotted milk, the Plaguebearers counted on their shriveled fingers the many poxes of Lord Nugle’s design, while yet more futilely polished their rusted, corroded plagueswords with bits of waxy flesh or the backsides of obnoxious nurglings.

All across the blood-red rock plains, daemons stood in ranks abreast, lithe, slender, voluptuous Daemonette stood shoulder to shoulder with rippling, muscle-bound Bloodletters; multi-limbed pink and blue horrors stood side-by-side with rotting, diseased Plaguebearers of Nurgle, their high pitched laughter and exuberance contrasting sharply with the Nurgle daemons’ sonorous, morbid chanting.

At long last, silence descended upon the Equinox Legion, every daemon within the ranks turning its attention towards the shimmering warp portal before them. With but a simple motion, the Chronicler of Calamities spoke, and yet, as its mouth moved, no sound came forth. All the same, the flickering fires of the rift expanding and burning ever brighter, distorting and expanding until a massive doorway unto the mortal realm. A thin layer of immaterium was all that separated the daemons from the mortal world before them. “Before us lies the planet known to the mortals as Medusa V, brethren. Change it, make it ours, corrupt it for the sake of chaos, find the children of the corpse-lord, shatter his armies, and feast upon their souls. The gods demand our victory,” spoke Doomtalon, raising his fist into the air, signaling the advance for his phalanx. The Herald of Tzeentch stepped aside listlessly rejoining its compatriots and preparing to follow the army through.

With but a faint shimmer as if walking through a curtain of boiling water, Incestuara gasped, breathing in real air as she entered the mortal realm, her sisters taking up flanking positions on either side of her, her buxom chest heaved as she took her first breaths, the sensation of breathing the atmosphere of a planet new and exciting to the slender daemon. Seekers of Slaanesh rode their sensual, fleet-footed mounts through the veil between dimensions, striking out across a decimated landscape, weaving between burnt shells of buildings and other mortal structures as they skittered onward, seeking out their prey. Something was wrong, the Slaaneshi herald looked about, noticing the conflagrated bodies of two Bloodletters on the scorched ground, their crumpled forms slowly turning to ash. There were a number of small craters, bullet wounds in their muscled flesh, each obsidianized glass, glowing with a faint blue light. Psycannon rounds. The psychically-impregnated bolt rounds had outright killed the Khornate daemons, not just banished them back to the warp, but had destroyed them outright, their souls fractured and with no chance of ever returning. Only one force would be ready for a daemonic incursion of this magnitude: The Grey Knights. A shiver ran down the harem-mistress’ spine at the mere thought. The imperium was aware of their presence and on the planet in force!

“Daemonspawn die, tragic loss. Waste of soul, humans know, bad idea.” Incestuara jumped, it was the Herald of Tzeentch, the Chronicler of Calamities. It had appeared at the Daemonette’s side without a sound, a small clique of pink horrors alongside him, tossing multihued balls of flickering warpfire between themselves as they surveyed the blasted remnants of the imperial city, safe in the knowledge that the Grey Knights had apparently moved inwards as the daemons routed.

Lucidum
07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Alright, first pics. HQ and Elite Slots, my Heralds of Khorne and Slaanesh, and my Beast of Nurgle, Bloodcrusher of Khorne, and Fiend of Slaanesh. Taken on my iphone, so I apologize for the crappy quality, I'm in the process of moving at the moment, so I don't have my dedicated mini-photo stuff setup.

Don't worry, I'll replace these with new pics once I get set up at my new apartment in a week.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h29/cthulhu08/IMG_0191.jpg?t=1279218316

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h29/cthulhu08/IMG_0192.jpg?t=1279218351

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h29/cthulhu08/IMG_0190.jpg?t=1279218369

Master Bryss
07-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Simple and effective Khorne Herald, a larger base and a dead Guardsman work nicely to create a distinctive model. The Slaanesh one...looks like an Icon Bearer. It had better get a striking paint scheme to make up for it!

Lucidum
07-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Simple and effective Khorne Herald, a larger base and a dead Guardsman work nicely to create a distinctive model. The Slaanesh one...looks like an Icon Bearer. It had better get a striking paint scheme to make up for it!

Yeah, I know, wasn't quite sure what to do for her really. Replaced her legs with those of Sigvald the Magnificent, and obviously she's got an icon. :P I might re-do the slaanesh herald altogether using parts from the Masque and the new seekers box set too.

isotope99
07-16-2010, 12:12 AM
You could always give her claw 4 arms to make her stand out instead of the icon staff and if you want to keep the icon, change it to a back banner or otherwise attach it to her person or the base.

I like the idea of switching out the legs, I do that with my daemonettes using DElf corsair boots.

A blank background to your photos might help the focus issue as the camera seems to be getting the backgrounbd in focus instead of the models.

Lucidum
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm still alive people! Just been working really hard, moved into a new place and some other stuff been going on. Tomorrow I will get out my crappy (albeit non-phone mounted) digital camera and see if I can get some real pics up. Thus far I've got my Herald of Khorne completely converted and ready to paint, as well as a new plastic daemon prince and horrors just itching to be shown around.