PDA

View Full Version : 40K army theme tunes.

Kelbor hal
07-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Yeah.

You've probably had this thread a million times before, but a look on the old searcharoo reveals nothing recent. So, lets do it again.
Basically, just list songs that fit factions from the 40k-verse, and we can compare notes and such. I'll start. I won't make it a secret, and you've probably already guessed from my signature, I am a huge Disturbed fan and so most offerings will be from them:

Slaanesh-"Inside the fire" by Disturbed or "Miss Murder" by AFI.
Death Guard-"Down with the Sickness" or "Indestructable" by Disturbed.
The Inquisition-"Forgiven" by Disturbed.
Grey Knights-"Our Solemn hour" by Within Temptation.
The traitor legions, especially the Word Bearers-"Deify" or "Deceiver" by Disturbed. (I would imagine them singing this to the Imperium, instead of anyone else)
The Emperor-"I'm Alive" by Disturbed.
Fallen Angels-"Ten Thousand fists" by Disturbed, mainly stemming from the first verse and Chorus:

'One more god**** day when I know what I want (The Imperium, or possibly Redemption)
And my want will be considered tonight, considered tonight (The whim of the Chaos Gods scattering them across the galaxy).
Just another day when all that I want
Will mark me as a sinner tonight, I'm a sinner tonight, yeah (The whole turning against the Lion thing)

People can no longer cover their eyes (The Dark Angels make it out that the Fallen never existed)
If this disturbs you then walk away (Traitors in a loyalist legion would horrify many Imperial citizens)
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of
Ten Thousand fists in the air (All the Fallen fighting back)'

~Hal

HsojVvad
07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
The Nom nom nom song for the Tyranids. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

Kelbor hal
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
The Nom nom nom song for the Tyranids. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

NOOO!!!! Now it's stuck in my head again :(.

You have no idea the evil you have just unleashed upon the world.

~ Hal

Melissia
07-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I think I like this, for Sisters:

Rhapsody of Fire - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Part III: Rex Tremende

For what you did to them...
you will burn in my hate!
Son of hell, betrayer of light,
king of the dark your name is carved on my steel
for your will the innocent die every day
but my sword will soon come for you all
and your kingdom will fall
and you'll be dust again... forever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BckyXcsRA4w

jumai
07-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Word Bearers: Starless Aeon by Dissection

The seventh aeon will soon pass as it has been foretold
The false empires will crumble and all illusions shall be destroyed
The enslavers tremble with fear, soon our stars align
The forbidden gates begin to open by the power of our forceful sign

Daath - wisdom of the abyss is the key to the broken star
Eleven angles pathways of chaos will bring forth our most wrathful god
Qliphothic forces from beyond will usurp the tree of cosmic lies
The sleeping dragon awakens smelling the elixir of our sacrifice

Dies Irae Dies Illa Solvet Cosmos In Favilla
Vocamus Te Aeshma-Diva
Vocamus Te Aeshma-Diva

This is the winter of the last aeon, the hungry end is coming soon
Harbinger of the day of wrath will eclipse the sun and rape the moon

Unfold the starless aeon, the hungry end is coming soon
Harbinger of the day of wrath will eclipse the sun and rape the moon

The snake will completely devour itself putting an end to the cycle of time
Acausal flames will burn all to ashes erasing all signs of the demiurge crime
Our dark gods of chaos will return, this time to rule forever supreme
The dragon mother will then resurrect and end this cosmic dream

Vocamus Te Aeshma-Diva
Vocamus Te Aeshma-Diva

The entire Reinkaos album is like that. More epic lyrics abound.

And also. Did you know that Jon Nodtveidt was a chaos cultist in real life? Believe it or not, these lyrics have nothing to do with 40k, but instead are absolutely dead-pan-serious references to the religeon he helped start (misanthropic luciferianism). Which worships the "dark gods" of various mythologies as embodiments of Chaos, a primal, extra-dimensional, anti-causal force which is the source of magic and apotheosis.

I'm not kidding either.

HsojVvad
07-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I think I like this, for Sisters:

Rhapsody of Fire - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Part III: Rex Tremende

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BckyXcsRA4w

Thanks for the link, very fitting indeed. At first I thought it was old Yngwie Malmstien. I will have to see if I can buy them, I like it alot.

Melissia
07-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Rhapsody of Fire is an awesome Symphonic Power Metal band. Like Dragonforce if they learned how to compose. And sing.

Beta_Ray_Bill
07-03-2010, 11:55 AM
A friend and I were just having a discussion on this, and how "The Big Four" that are touring in Europe this summer somehow relate to the four chaos gods.

Khorne being Slayer, for their blatant ridiculousness and how even the solos sound angry and all amped up for no reason.

Tzeentch being Megadeth for the fallout of Dave Mustaine and his unique styles and technique (namely the spider chords) influencing later acts and being a rather large part of the change in the American metal scene at the time.

Nurgle being Anthrax, not only for the obvious link in their names, but we came to the thought that they were a tad "Grungier" notably the guitar work in say, "Madhouse".

And Finally Slaanesh being Metallica. This one I agree the least with, but i can see why. Represented by their changes within, and their ability to be angry(Kill em all, Deth Magnetic), saddening(The black album), and soulful(Orion). It seemed as though they were a bit prideful when they had no reason to be (Load, Reload) and to this day don't really seem to care about those days.

Anyways, that's about it. Aside from Metallica producing 3 songs that almost instantly make me think of IG:
One, Day that never comes, and Master of Puppets. There's another one, just can't think of the name, oh well.

That's all.

Rhapsody of Fire is an awesome Symphonic Power Metal band. Like Dragonforce if they learned how to compose. And sing.

Too bad all Symphonic metal bands sound the same. When "Through fire and flames" came out I thought about not only how redundant the title was, but their guitar work and musical sound in general.

UltramarineFan
07-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Chosen Ones by Dreamevil for pretty much any properly loyalist marines.

Melissia
07-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Too bad all Symphonic metal bands sound the same. When "Through fire and flames" came out I thought about not only how redundant the title was, but their guitar work and musical sound in general.That's funny, I could argue the same thing about Indy, Rap, Heavy Metal, Orchestra, Jazz, Country, and so on.

However, I can quite hear some quite distinct differences between such bands as Dragonforce, Rhapsody of fire, and Nightwish. I'm certain a connoisseur of the other genres can better understand the difference between, say, various rap artists, but to me they all sound very remarkably similar with few exceptions. Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean that it's there, it just means you're not very learned in that particular genre of music.

Beta_Ray_Bill
07-03-2010, 12:35 PM
That's funny, I could argue the same thing about Indy, Rap, Heavy Metal, Orchestra, Jazz, Country, and so on.

However, I can quite hear some quite distinct differences between such bands as Dragonforce, Rhapsody of fire, and Nightwish. I'm certain a connoisseur of the other genres can better understand the difference between, say, various rap artists, but to me they all sound very remarkably similar with few exceptions. Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean that it's there, it just means you're not very learned in that particular genre of music.

You could, but you wouldn't. There is a bit of truth in that though. I was honestly a pretty big fan of dragonforce before TFAF, but the single didn't really do it for me. At least they have talent though, especially when they played on AOTS and dude fell off stage, everyone laughed at him, and they didn't miss a single note.

At least their sound isn't as repetitive as say the last three singles from Avenged Sevenfold.

Grailkeeper
07-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Funny how people always seem to choose metal for 40K.

I always imagined more classical music myself. Danse des Chevaliers for example would be perfect for titan legions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUmq1cpcglQ&feature=fvw

Except orks, they're based on skin'eads so they get skinhead music. Bad moons can have CCR tho.

BlacknightIII
07-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Eldar - Cinderella Man by Eminem (My Autarch killed a Greater deamon of Slanesh)
Space Wolves - Tommy the Cat by Primus(My Wolf Lords name.)
Tyranids - Here to Stay by Korn (Dunno just fits)

Aldramelech
07-03-2010, 01:38 PM
My Curse - Killswitch engage for Blood Angels
Save Yourself - Five fingered death punch for Chaos

Melissia
07-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Noir Soundtrack - Ode to Power
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipAMxYwCkc
For the Inquisition

scadugenga
07-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Hrm...

For my Striking Scorpions, it's always been Trodori by Kodo.

Melissia
07-03-2010, 02:25 PM
For the Emperor's Children. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPrnduGtgmc)

nuclearfeet
07-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Kreator, album Hordes of Chaos

I like to pop that baby in whenever I bring chaos to the table.

Asymmetrical Xeno
07-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I usually make my own, here, take a listen to a few of my projects inspired by 40k ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsvxWklKVeQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXc-cUWQ-Lo
sci-fi industrial similar to Front line assembly.

or for necrons, theres the death-robot genre ;
http://sneak-command.transceration.net/CyberWarfareRecords/
ultra angry robot vocals, metal style song-structures similar to meshuggah and a dark mechanical intensity with that feel of "something ancient".

always found styles of electronic, industrial, dark-electro more cinematic and "grimdark" due to the morbid atmospheres, processed "cyborg" vocals and militant beats. I'm not talking about the clubby crap like combichrist/vnv nation though, that aint real industrial.

DaveLL
07-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Necrons: "Robot Song" by Flight of the Conchords :)

Sparda
07-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I bought a Dragonforce CD a long time ago, liked a few songs on it so bought another one of their CDs when it came out, thought I bought the same one I had but noticed the CDs had different names and so did the tracks, anywho Dragonforce shouldn't be considered in the same genre as Nightwish and Rhapsody/Rhapsody of fire, have you ever heard Dragonforce live? Only concert I regret ever going to. =/

Melissia
07-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Same genre, just different levels of talent when it comes to musical composition.

Commissar Lewis
07-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Sabaton has a few songs that would fit the Imperial Guard.

Mech Guard - Panzer Battalion
Trench Warfare Guard - Price of a Mile

And several others that I don't feel typing out.

SierraFiveOne
07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Evil Sunz Orks - "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar. No ork would be caught dead driving under 55.
Snakebite Orks need something like "Dueling Banjos" or something.

For the Imperial Guard:"Hell March" from the Command and Conquer: Red Alert games.
Though for some reason I can see Cadians marching to the NBC Sunday night football theme.

Dr. Doctor
07-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Imperial Guard- Soviet March from the Red Alert 3 soundtrack

Space Marines- Crusaders; Two Steps From Hell

Orks: Col Bogey March http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8F8g1-4Uw

Fr05ty
07-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Evolution - KoRn is the one for Tyranids...

and I'm sure some Daft Punk or simmilar type of music would be appropriate for the Tau

Mr.Pickelz
07-03-2010, 10:40 PM
For Space Wolves, i always hear, Death in Fire, by Amon Amarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UbViuK4fY&feature=related

david5th
07-04-2010, 04:37 AM
Sabaton has a few songs that would fit the Imperial Guard.

Mech Guard - Panzer Battalion
Trench Warfare Guard - Price of a Mile

And several others that I don't feel typing out.

Mech Guard - Ghost division.

Kelbor hal
07-04-2010, 05:14 AM
These are great, keep 'em coming. :D

Grey Knights-Devil is a loser, by Lordi.
Daemons-Hellions on parade, by CKY.
World Eaters-Blood for the Blood god, by Debauchery. Alternaticely, Die MF die by Dope.
Space Wolves-Who let the dogs out, by The Baha Men. (:))

~ Hal

rbryce
07-04-2010, 06:11 AM
space wolves make me think Bathory, Snakebite orks listen to Korplikaani. for me though, i tend to link scenes with music, so as my dude(ttes) charge into CC i tend to run joe satriani or yngwie malmsteen through my head, for heros' in epic compat i get more theatrical metal/symphonic, shooting usually involves some form heavy rhythem(from Hardcore to classical doesnt matter). highly situational, but when i march my dwarves(i knw its not 40k, but it fits the theme) i have rammstiens Links 2,3,4 song.

Kelbor hal
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Night Lords-"Fear of the dark" by Iron maiden, or "Children of the Night" by Dream Evil.

~ Hal

Sparda
07-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Anything from Turisas instantly reminds me of the Space Wolves.

Shagrath
07-04-2010, 01:46 PM
flesh tearers- blood and thunder by mastadon, progenies of the great apocalypse -dimmu borgir, any three inches of blood works too...

Commissar Lewis
07-04-2010, 05:17 PM
For Space Wolves, i always hear, Death in Fire, by Amon Amarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UbViuK4fY&feature=related

YES.

Alternatively, Valhall Awaits Me also by Amon Amarth.

Bedroom General
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Love this stuff, have annoyed people with my "theme tunes" before lol.

Tau "waterloo" by Abba

Chaos I horrified\disgusted my mates with anything off "Hellfire" by 1349

Eldar generally "March of the knights" from Romeo and juliet by Tchaichovsky (yeah spelling probably, but I can't be bothered.

Necrons "tubthumping" by Chumbawumba

Space Marines (drop podders) "Resurrection" by Fear Factory..seriously good, imagine it sung by a chaplain prior to drop! oh yeah!

for lolz "spinning around" by Kylie M for dreadies in CC

My personal fave army atm is a plague marine army called "the suffering" they get the 300 soundtrack!

Fun thread.

Bennowar
07-04-2010, 07:33 PM
"World Eater" by Bolt Thrower, do I even need to say who for?

rbryce
07-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Anything from Turisas instantly reminds me of the Space Wolves.

my missus would love you! she dragged me to see them at bloodstock 2 years ago, and they still dont feel "right" to me. lots of metal as usual on this thread. Wasnt there someone who likes Gregorian chants here?

Col.Gravis
07-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Do I really need to say what the music for Praetorian Imperial Guard is? *sigh* clearly the soundtrack from Zulu... heh

General 40k music though? Nightwish, Within Temptation, Dargaard and numerous Movie Soundtracks, Starship Troopers is always an obvious one.

Kelbor hal
07-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Mechanicus-Technologic by Daft Punk.

:)

Hyperion
07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Love this stuff, have annoyed people with my "theme tunes" before lol.

Tau "waterloo" by Abba

Chaos I horrified\disgusted my mates with anything off "Hellfire" by 1349

Eldar generally "March of the knights" from Romeo and juliet by Tchaichovsky (yeah spelling probably, but I can't be bothered.

Necrons "tubthumping" by Chumbawumba

Space Marines (drop podders) "Resurrection" by Fear Factory..seriously good, imagine it sung by a chaplain prior to drop! oh yeah!

for lolz "spinning around" by Kylie M for dreadies in CC

My personal fave army atm is a plague marine army called "the suffering" they get the 300 soundtrack!

Fun thread.

Tubthumping indeed... preferably a kraftwerk remix

That's some seriously bad way to spell Prokofiev you know... personally' I'd have 'Dance of the Knights' as an IG signature tune. Along with Barbers' Addagio (nach) and, er, that thing by Wagner whatsit called, you know ride of the thingy...

Eldar get Tchaikovsky in the form of the Sugar plum fairy. You know, because they're 'flamboyant'...

DE get Saint-Saens 'Danse Macarbre' or Mussorgskys' 'Night on Bare Mountain'

For orks it's Fat Les and 'Vindaloo'

Tau for some reason make me think of the Teen Titans theme tune by Puffy Amiyumi

Sisters get 'Masquerade Waltz' by Khachaturian or possibly 'Don't Give Up' by Kate Bush

Inquisition get Peter Gabriel of course...

'Me an me mum and me dad and me nan... and a bucket of vindaloo!'

Kelbor hal
07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Death korps or Steel legion-Sonne by Rammestein.

DarkAngelHopeful
07-08-2010, 02:58 AM
I've always liked "My Sweet Revenge" by System of a Down for Space Marines ever since I saw someone put it to the Dawn of War Trailer.

I also think Sigur Ros (Icelandik band) is good for Eldar.