PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Nightspinner

HarlekissofDeath
07-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Hello everyone,

My question today is about the effects of the nightspinner's web. I know that it makes whatever it hits act as if it is in difficult/dangerous terrain, and the next time (not turn) the unit moves they have to roll accordingly. My question is in regards to assaulting; i think (not sure and here lies the question) when the unit is assaulted that they have to roll for difficult/dangerous terrain, but my question is when, and how does this work?

Thanks

DarkLink
07-02-2010, 12:50 PM
If the unit hit with the 'spinner assaults, you would have to take the tests. If it is assaulted, you do not. The 'Defenders React' move does not trigger difficult or dangerous terrain tests (BRB pg 34)

Cyndr
07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
If you win combat,however, the 'Fallback' move should trigger the dangerous terrain test as I do not see anything in the entry about omitting the rule.

'Pile-Ins', on the other hand, also ignore dangerous terrain checks, as do 'Consolidate' moves (BRB p.40).

HarlekissofDeath
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys,

That helps clear up that issue, but now I have another question. How does the web effect, effect people? Say I shoot and hit marines with jump packs, and a rhino. Both move now, what happens? They roll to see if they are in dangerous terrain, but what about difficult terrain? Shouldn't they have to roll like they are in difficult terrain and only move what they roll instead of their actual movement? That is my interpretation of it is.

I ask because i recently played a game and am new to the game, and everyone else seemed to believe that since the jump packs ignore difficult terrain that, that didn't apply to them. they used the thought of the marines being able to move over any barrier, but the nightspinner shot is covering them so they can't just jump over it, they have to get out of it.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Nabterayl
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I ask because i recently played a game and am new to the game, and everyone else seemed to believe that since the jump packs ignore difficult terrain that, that didn't apply to them. they used the thought of the marines being able to move over any barrier, but the nightspinner shot is covering them so they can't just jump over it, they have to get out of it.

What do you think?

Thanks,
I would say that it is no different than jumping through a forest or other Difficult Terrain: the jump infantry can move their full 12", but because they start (and end, not that it matters) in Difficult Terrain, they must take a Dangerous Terrain test (not that they wouldn't have had to do so anyway).

DarkLink
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
You're right. Jump Infantry and Vehicles do not take difficult terrain tests. They simply take the Dangerous Terrain tests, and the survivors move as normal.