PDA

View Full Version : Wulfrick The Wanderer

L192837465
08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Lets test the boards for a fun question:

If I take Wulfrick, he allows one unit of marauders to come in on any table edge. Can other characters join this unit, and deploy with Wulfrick and the unit?

As stated for Wulfrick in the WoC book: "...Wulfrick and a single unit of Marauders may choose not to deploy as normal but to enter play from any table edge, exactly as if he and his unit had pursued an enemy off that edge in the previous turn..."

I'm saying yes. No-where does it state that characters cannot join the unit, and the rulebook does not state that a character cannot join a unit using an alternate form of deployment (unlike Scout, which is a USR).

Randroid
08-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Your leap of logic is admirable but deeply flawed. There is no way for the BRB to cover all of the stupid situations they create with their Army books.

As I quoted on AMM Seafang is a magic item. It gives Wulfrik the ability - "Wulfrick and a single unit of Marauders may choose not to deploy as normal but to enter play from any table edge"

No where does it say anything about other characters in that statement. And saying "the BRB doesn't cover it" is a BS argument. Find me another rule that allows something like this and then we can have a real discussion about it, right now you are grasping.

Dooley
09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah I would have to say NO to that one!
1. For the Fluff of it
2. One Deploys all there hero/lord units at once. If the Unit they want to Join isnt on the table they shouldn't be allowed to join it!

But thats just me. I think all other delayed entry units (with this exception) disallow such an action (see Dwarf Minners, Skaven Tunnelers etc!)

Aldramelech
10-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Your leap of logic is admirable but deeply flawed. There is no way for the BRB to cover all of the stupid situations they create with their Army books.

As I quoted on AMM Seafang is a magic item. It gives Wulfrik the ability - "Wulfrick and a single unit of Marauders may choose not to deploy as normal but to enter play from any table edge"

No where does it say anything about other characters in that statement. And saying "the BRB doesn't cover it" is a BS argument. Find me another rule that allows something like this and then we can have a real discussion about it, right now you are grasping.

Agreed. It does exactly what it says on the tin. Because it doesn't say something is not a valid argument.

CitizenZero
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Can you deploy Wolfrick Via Seafang by himself?

Kanaellars
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
based on the wording, I would say no.