PDA

View Full Version : Codex Specific Special Rules Resource?

Lykum
06-27-2010, 10:13 AM
I am trying to get smart on all the different special rules out there in the individual codices. Is there a worthwhile resource out there that has these located in one place? I know I could sit at the LGS and thumb through their merchandise for 90 minutes, but that is a 3 hour drive as it is.

I know GW is touchy about their products being printed online, so I am not looking for anything that rips them off. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of my potential opponents.

The AKH
06-27-2010, 11:37 AM
The Wargear book that GW released three or four years ago had info drawn from all the different codices... but with a few exceptions (DH, WH, BT...) it's way out of date now.

Lerra
06-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Your options for accessing the information in the GW codices are 1) buy all of the codices, or 2) BitTorrent. There really are no options between those two (which is why so many people take the latter option).

If you want to avoid the drive, GW can ship the codices to your address if you buy them on the website. You can sometimes get a cheaper price on Ebay, too.

HsojVvad
06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Well you can go on the GW web site and download the PDF that gives stats for all the armies just like in the BRB. It might have more units in there now, not shure. I havn't looked at that in a long time.

Sir Biscuit
06-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Torrent it. There's no other way to read through all the dex's other then buying them all or spending hours at the store, as you said.

Lykum
06-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Torrent it. There's no other way to read through all the dex's other then buying them all or spending hours at the store, as you said.

Ugh... I think I may end up buying a few of the codices I am most worried-about/interested-in off of Amazon (BA and SW specifically) and memorizing the rules for everyone else the next time I go to a shop in San Antonio.

It is a pity that GW would sue the crap out of a site that just compiled a list of the special rules. If GW won't offer a product like that, then they can't get too pissy about players filling the void.

eriochrome
06-28-2010, 11:24 AM
The wargear book is out of date and only had wargear related rules as the name would suggest. All those unit or army specific rules are only in the codex. By searching the internet for army and unit tactics you could create a list of how the rules work for yourself but that is a lot of work and prone to error since a lot of what people put up is incorrect.

Herald of Nurgle
06-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Scribd.

Nuff Said.