PDA

View Full Version : Witch Hunters questions

Lednera
06-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Ok so my codex had "gimped" by the new PDF so what? I have some technical questions for you guys in the know.

1.)
If I have allied blood angels do Assault Marines still count as scoring units since the blood angels assault marines are troop choices but they are fast in the allies chart?

2.)
This is slightly a modeling question but I wish to ask it anyway, what is the size of the land raider doors are they similar to the side doors of the rhino or bigger ask becouse I was looking at either usng bits to add symbols or get the forge world rhino doors for witch hunters.

Tynskel
06-25-2010, 07:37 PM
2)
LR doors are much bigger.

1) Let's say you took Blood Angels as an Ally. They fill the same slots in the FOC as they are pulled from. In this case, assault marines from Blood Angels are Troops, and would take up the Troops slot in the Witch Hunters army.

Taken them, on the other hand...
the book doesn't say Blood Angels. It says Space Marines. So you would need your opponent's permission to take Blood Angels in your Witch Hunters as allies.

Besides, the Inquisition + Blood Angels = Butting Heads.

Melissia
06-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Blood Angels are Space Marines, and loyalists at that. It takes some serious rules lawyering to say otherwise.

solarmus
06-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Blood Angels are Space Marines, and loyalists at that. It takes some serious rules lawyering to say otherwise.

By that logic, you could take Plague marines in a witchhunters army...since they are space marines. If the text says "space marines", reasonable logic means it refers to units from Codex "Space Marines"

That said, if your opponent is ok with it and you have a desire to do so (either for fluff, fun or economy of figures) you could use them in the manner Tynskel describes.

Aegis
06-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Considering how the codex specifically outlines which space marines can be taken, it seems clear that BA's are not an option. This is especially true given the ideology of rules as written that permeates the game.

Melissia
06-25-2010, 10:56 PM
By that logic, you could take Plague marines in a witchhunters army...since they are space marines. If the text says "space marines", reasonable logic means it refers to units from Codex "Space Marines"

That said, if your opponent is ok with it and you have a desire to do so (either for fluff, fun or economy of figures) you could use them in the manner Tynskel describes.

Nope, as plague marines aren't mentioned in the codex' list of units you can ally in.

solarmus
06-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Nope, as plague marines aren't mentioned in the codex' list of units you can ally in.

Neither as "Blood Angels Assault Squads", that was my point. If you're assuming the words "Space Marine" in that list refers to a type of unit (that being an power armored guy with guns) rather than the codex name for the unit, it'd allow chaos marines as well. Thus it's pretty obvious it doesn't allow Blood Angel/Space wolf varieties of those units, as they are not called "Space Marine XXXX squad"

However if your opponent is willing, have fun (as it shouldn't be too overbalancing in most cases)

Voldrak
07-06-2010, 11:46 PM
The codex mentions witch hunters can induct Imperial Guards and Space Marines.

It also mentions on the same page (25) that witch hunters can be taken as allies in various armies. This includes Blood Angels.

In other words, if you do a Blood Angel army, you could take some witch hunter allies, but the opposite cannot be done. You will have to stick to normal Space Marines.

My advice: Allies are a crutch. In the long run it's better to learn to play without them since come next edition they will most assuredly be gone from the book.