PDA

View Full Version : Tau vehicle gun drone functions

beachtau
06-25-2010, 05:31 AM
I've heard that detached gun drones can be used to intercept attacks made on the tank they are attached to is this true and if so how does it work?

DrLove42
06-25-2010, 06:48 AM
As far i know it doesn't. The only way i can think of is having them detach and get in the way of something trying to assault you. They can't assault through the drones, so even though anything that posed a threat to the vehicle will destroy the drones, it gives you a chance to run away. Or leaves them standing in the open to get shot to buggery next turn

sonofmedusa
06-25-2010, 07:13 AM
i was going to spell check you, but you did a great job !!!! mr.beachtau lol

Nabterayl
06-25-2010, 12:19 PM
As far i know it doesn't. The only way i can think of is having them detach and get in the way of something trying to assault you. They can't assault through the drones, so even though anything that posed a threat to the vehicle will destroy the drones, it gives you a chance to run away. Or leaves them standing in the open to get shot to buggery next turn
That's exactly the tactic. You have to make sure you detach the gun drones before the assault happens, of course - if a vehicle is assaulted with its drones still attached it's too late.

beachtau
06-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Thnx for the help.