PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers: 40,000

Erasmus of Baal
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
I have no idea where this thread should go, so please, mods, if this needs to be moved go for it by all means.

II'm thinking of using the Daemonhunters codex's allies system to add a group to my Blood Angels army based on the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers because I am a geek that way. (Please don't argue about DH allies, I already started that in another thread.)

So I was hoping for some input. Should it be:
Inquisitor (No retinue, White Ranger) and Grey Knights squad (Justicar is Red Ranger),
Single Grey Knights squad (Justicar is White Ranger), or
Inquisitor Lord (White Ranger) with retinue (other rangers as applicable)?

entendre_entendre
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
I would keep it all in one squad as the power rangers usually fight as a team together against their foes. I think the Grey Knights are a better fit as they all have the same stats (excluding the Justicar of course), which would eliminate the decision over which ranger is the lowly mystic and which ones are henchmen. :)

Erasmus of Baal
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Ooh, good point. Mark off the Inquisitor + squad option!

But then the question remains of one squad of Grey Knights or squad + Inquisitor? They can still fight effectively as a single squad, but it comes down to upgrades and I'm not very familiar with more than the basic facts of MMPR, so I don't know all of what I could do.

Beta_Ray_Bill
06-29-2010, 03:12 AM
Ooh, good point. Mark off the Inquisitor + squad option!

But then the question remains of one squad of Grey Knights or squad + Inquisitor? They can still fight effectively as a single squad, but it comes down to upgrades and I'm not very familiar with more than the basic facts of MMPR, so I don't know all of what I could do.

I'm not 100% up on GKs, but I like the idea of the command squad being the rangers.

Justicar being white (although green was way cooler, IMO! But I'm old school like that...), and maybe convert up some sisters for the femme rangers. If you take any pics, I'd love to see them when they're done!

Erasmus of Baal
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm not 100% up on GKs, but I like the idea of the command squad being the rangers.

Justicar being white (although green was way cooler, IMO! But I'm old school like that...), and maybe convert up some sisters for the femme rangers. If you take any pics, I'd love to see them when they're done!

Not an IG command squad, the Inquisitor Lord's retinue. But I'm thinking not doing that anyways.

I would love to convert some Sisters into female rangers, but there's not really a good way to do it without spending a ridiculous amount of money. Also, not doing that keeps it completely legal (at least for the moment). They won't be anything incredibly special when done...at least, not the Power Rangers themselves....

Transmitting custom force data now....

Long ago, the Emperor saw fit to form a group of warriors to assist him in protecting holy Terra from demons attempting to destroy the planet. As the memebers died or requested permission to leave His chosen warriors, He would choose new recruits. These 'Power Rangers' were a secret tradition personally maintained by the Emperor even during the Great Crusade. At the conclusion of the Horus Heresy, sitting upon the Golden Throne, the Emperor called to His side one of the greatest psykers in His service, a man named Zordon. Zordon was charged with maintaining the Power Rangers and equipping them in their quest to protect mankind from the dire threat of Chaos. Zordon has done so faithfully, even up to the present time. As always, the team has always borne five primary members, with one special member designated for especial duties. Since the Imperium already bears a ready-made armory for equipping young men for fighting demons, Zordon chose to enter the main team of Power Rangers into the Grey Knights, thus bleeding off excessive recruits while also being sure to obtain only the greatest to fight in His sacred team of elites. However, he is also sure to make the team's special member an Inquisitor, as the powers that an Inquisitor bears are critical to the Power Rangers' eternal quest.

Inquisitor (White Ranger) w/Master-Crafted Anointed Weapon, Bolt Pistol [not a Storm Bolter since he never actually had a pistol but needs the extra attack], Artificer Armor, Icon of the Just, Teleport Homer [the rest of the Power Rangers teleport in], and some other stuff
Grey Knights Squad (5) (Power Rangers) w/Psycannon [for Pink Ranger, since she had a bow] and stuff for the Justicar [who is Red Ranger].
Total: 375 points

Zordon was fully aware of his own mortality, and therefore chose a new psyker of great power from the Black Ships to continue to guide the team of Power Rangersthus guaranteeing that the team's leader would always be a psyker of incredible power called Zordon. Every Zordon wears the same suit of Terminator Armor, protecting the blessed line and preventing any enemy from being aware of when a Zordon is growing older and weaker. On rare occasion of extremely dire circumstance, the current Zordon will take to the field, aided by those chosen to guard his command center. The resultant force is not to be taken lightly.

Inquisitor Lord (Zordon) w/Holocaust, Scourging, Terminator Armor, Consecrated Scrolls, Psychic Hood, etc.
Retinue: 2 Sages [Alpha-5 and Alpha-6], 1 Warrior w/meltagun, 2 Warriors w/plasma guns, 3 Acolytes w/ Carapace armor and storm bolters, Mystic
Total: 409 points

Kirsten
06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
There are two really important questions here:

One, will they all have dinosaurs to ride around in?
Two, will they all have a titan made of dinosaurs to pilot?

Erasmus of Baal
06-29-2010, 05:37 PM
There are two really important questions here:

One, will they all have dinosaurs to ride around in?
Two, will they all have a titan made of dinosaurs to pilot?

One: It's doable, if we switch to the Blood Angel codex to use Dreadnoughts or just use some tanks.

Two: There is such a thing as a Titan. Not sure about sculpting dinosaurs on it, but when [not if] I get to that point I will try my damndest to get it right! :D

Kirsten
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Two: There is such a thing as a Titan.

I know there are titans :p, but are there titans made of dinosaurs? Also, do they make your monster grow?