PDA

View Full Version : Ahriman question

NidzillaFTW
06-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey all! I am in the process of building a Tzeentch Chaos Space Marine army, and had a few questions about Ahriman and his Black Staff. Specifically:

In the current CSM codex (p.51) it states the Black Staff: "Even allows him to use several powers that count as firing a weapon in the same shooting phase (he must target the same unit with all of them, however)". Which is great, awesome, and almost justifies why he costs 250 points.

now in the online GW FAQ it says : "Q. Can Ahriman use the same power two or even three times in the same turn? A. Powers that are psychic shooting attacks can only be used once per turn..."

So what does this mean exactly? He can use multiple powers that count as shooting attacks as long as they are different powers? As in he could use Bolt of Change, Doombolt, and Wind of Chaos but not Bolt of Change X3 ?

DarkLink
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
He may use up to three powers per turn. However, he may only use each shooting power once.
For example, you could use;
1) Doombolt
2)Winds of Chaos
3) Warptime

all in the same turn.

You could not, however, do this;
1) Doombolt
2) Doombolt
3) Warptime

You can use non-shooting powers (such as Gift of Chaos) multiple times, however, such as this;
1) Gift of Chaos
2) Gift of Chaos
3) Warptime

At least, I'm pretty sure Gift of Chaos isn't a shooting power.

Connjurus
06-24-2010, 01:32 AM
He may use up to three powers per turn. However, he may only use each shooting power once.
For example, you could use;
1) Doombolt
2)Winds of Chaos
3) Warptime

all in the same turn.

You could not, however, do this;
1) Doombolt
2) Doombolt
3) Warptime

You can use non-shooting powers (such as Gift of Chaos) multiple times, however, such as this;
1) Gift of Chaos
2) Gift of Chaos
3) Warptime

At least, I'm pretty sure Gift of Chaos isn't a shooting power.

Oh, it's not. It's so definitely, assuredly, gloriously not. Nothing says LOL like turning an Eternal Warrior into a gibbering Chaos Spawn.

Also, always use Warptime first.

karandras
06-24-2010, 07:12 AM
And as Gift of Chaos is not a shooting attack, it can be used to target different units, correct?

DarkLink
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
indeed

Commissar Lewis
06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Nothing is more entertaining than the old Marneus Spawngar.

Especially if said Ultramarine player is an arrogant tool who believes Calgar cannot be beaten. Saw it happen once; man was he pissed.

mstingray
06-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Also, always use Warptime first.

Does this mean warptime affects gift of chaos?, because my opponent never lets me re-roll the failed dice roll, never stopped me "spawning" ragnar blackmane though

Nabterayl
06-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Does this mean warptime affects gift of chaos?, because my opponent never lets me re-roll the failed dice roll, never stopped me "spawning" ragnar blackmane though
No, it doesn't. Gift of Chaos says that you roll a D6 and if you score over the victim's Toughness, the victim is spawned. That is a special, Gift of Chaos-specific type of roll. Warptime specifies that it allows you to re-roll only rolls to hit and rolls to wound, so it doesn't affect Gift of Chaos.

DarkLink
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I believe his rational is that warptime is the most important power to get off, and you can retry it if you fail. So roll it first, then if it fails use it again. If you use it as the last power, then you don't get to re-try it.