PDA

View Full Version : Dante Deathmask Question

Brotherjames
06-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Sry if this has been brought up before but i was playing against Space wolves and used the deathmask on Logan Grimnar giving him minus 1 to many of his stats. the player argued that if he killed Dante he would gain his wound and etc back. The mask says -1 modifier for the remainder of Game not for when Dante leaves play. who would be right i figure i am (because i won the roll-off) please give insight to this

Alrik_40000
06-21-2010, 07:36 AM
As a fellow BA player named James, I just gotta help you out, my friend! He's wrong. The text clearly states that the -1 penalties affect the character for the remainder of the game. Even if he kills Dante, the penalties remain. When I play my brother's Chaos Marines, he won't even fire the Lord's plasma pistol - the wound he's already lost is deterrent enough.

Cheesy? Maybe, but it is what it is.

Tell him to try reading... it helps! : )

PRoeske
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM
As this effect is used at the beginning of the game, en specifically states "Until the end of the game", the effect stil lasts whenever dante is killed. Much like Hive Tyrant with outflanking-ability. Once outflanking is declared on a unit, it doesnt matter if the tyrant is killed on T1. The unit could still arive from the flanks.

Grt. Pim

Brotherjames
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks I plan on playing him again tomorrow and i'll hand him my codex so he can read it the next time Dante does the equilvilent of making Logan wet himself