PDA

View Full Version : 8th Edition Army Books

Aldramelech
06-20-2010, 03:49 AM
So if we accept that the Skaven and Beastmen books are the First 8th edition books (It would make no sense if they were writen with 7th in mind) Where do we think Jervis and his band of merry men will strike next?

If Island of blood is indeed Skaven vs High Elves, High Elves would seem to be the logical choice.

Anyone want to takes bets on it being £20 lol

CitizenZero
06-20-2010, 04:22 AM
So if we accept that the Skaven and Beastmen books are the First 8th edition books (It would make no sense if they were writen with 7th in mind) Where do we think Jervis and his band of merry men will strike next?

If Island of blood is indeed Skaven vs High Elves, High Elves would seem to be the logical choice.

Anyone want to takes bets on it being £20 lolDon't forget about Lizardmen being 8th as well...and Chaos Warriors too perhaps.

High Elves kinda makes sense, but weren't all the rumors for Tomb Kings or Ogre Kingdoms?

Who knows, not me.

Aldramelech
06-20-2010, 04:43 AM
Forgot about the Lizards, Chaos warriors? mmmm not sure about that one.

Necron_Lord
06-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I just got an e-mail from GW about Island of Blood coming out in September and the picture at the bottom was Skaven v. High Elves. I'm just saying ...

I'm working on assembling my Skaven and was thinking about HE as a back up. If they are the two starter races this edition, I will be totally stoked!

CitizenZero
06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Forgot about the Lizards, Chaos warriors? mmmm not sure about that one.You may be right about the Chaos, I thought there was a template in the spells section that didn't have partials...but I looked just now and didn't find anything.

Aldramelech
06-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Im wondering how the temp updates are going to appear. Supplement in WD? Just on the website?

CitizenZero
06-21-2010, 02:23 AM
Im wondering how the temp updates are going to appear. Supplement in WD? Just on the website?I would be surprised if they bother to change them...they just might keep the partials in the older books.

I hope they change it though...

Rusty Nail
06-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Wasn't there a rumour about an FAQ/Errata being released for every Army Book when the 8th edition Rule book goes on sale?

Lord Azaghul
06-21-2010, 06:44 AM
High Elves already got there 'boost' for 8th ed. They certainly aren't top of the rewrite queue. I think TK are prolly in the most in need at this point, besides the HE good is only 2 years old.
And bretts, they seem to actually loose the most from this ed.

Old_Paladin
06-21-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm still going to go with the strongest rumor:
Tomb Kings are next. It sounds like they are already deep in production; and even with the new edition, they need a lot of work.

After that... who knows.
It was looking like Ogres, but they got so many boosts it might not be that important: I mean, ranks for three models, fight in two ranks (with full attacks for them), bull charge plus crush!, shoot in two ranks (hello leadbelchers), outnumbering is gone from CR but fear gives +1.

I think Orcs and Goblins are a likely target for getting a new book. They've been the first or second book released for the last two or three editions now; I don't see any reason to change that.

eldargal
06-21-2010, 09:11 AM
There was talk a month or so ago of High Elves following the starter set at some point, but there seem to be more rumours about Tomb Kings. They need it more, too.

Hopefully the errata to be released alongside 8th ed might bring a bit of balance between armies prior to new army books.

Aldramelech
06-21-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm still going to go with the strongest rumor:
Tomb Kings are next. It sounds like they are already deep in production; and even with the new edition, they need a lot of work.

After that... who knows.
It was looking like Ogres, but they got so many boosts it might not be that important: I mean, ranks for three models, fight in two ranks (with full attacks for them), bull charge plus crush!, shoot in two ranks (hello leadbelchers), outnumbering is gone from CR but fear gives +1.

I think Orcs and Goblins are a likely target for getting a new book. They've been the first or second book released for the last two or three editions now; I don't see any reason to change that.

And there were all those rumours about that studio photo with an unssen O&G book a few months ago.

CitizenZero
06-21-2010, 11:37 AM
And there were all those rumours about that studio photo with an unssen O&G book a few months ago.That was proven to be an older version of the Orc and Goblin book...but the question still remains as to why they just "happened" to have been checking out an obsolete army book at the time...

Aldramelech
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM
That was proven to be an older version of the Orc and Goblin book...but the question still remains as to why they just "happened" to have been checking out an obsolete army book at the time...

Might have been those new Boar Boyz, but then again new models just before the new edition? Could be an indication?

eldargal
06-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Going through one of the rumour threads on Warseer (such a good thing to be doing before 6am by the way, I'm a glutton for punishment) one of the reliable rumourmongers (Avian) hints at the Tomb Kings followed by Ogre Kingdoms. Usual warnings about rumours apply.

Dead people should be before fat people.