PDA

View Full Version : New Loyalist Chapter

evcameron
06-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

Please check out my new space marine paint job.

Any Comments or criticism would be appreciated. Also, I'm working on a name for the chapter. What are people's thoughts?

The two front runners at the moment are Sons of Macragge (Ultramarine iconography) or Aquiline Guard (raven guard iconography).

Link:
http://gamingnorth.blogspot.com/2010/06/sons-of-macragge-or-something.html

Thank you

BlackKnight15624
06-19-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm really digging your color scheme- the highlighting is really crisp and sharp!

Some possible name suggestions (Sons of Macragge sounds pretty cool):
1) Scions of Calth
2) Legion of the Aquila

All the best.

sangrail777
06-19-2010, 07:51 PM
ultramarines and ravens cuz you like them more or...?

How about Ice Spectors, or Blue Bloods

evcameron
06-19-2010, 08:24 PM
ultramarines and ravens cuz you like them more or...?

How about Ice Spectors, or Blue Bloods

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a combination of that I like their fluff and their iconography is nice yet simple enough to hand paint on shoulder guards.

Thanks for the input BlackKnight, I like the idea of using Scions rather than Sons. I'll have to think about this.

Aldramelech
06-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Very nice. The scheme works well, the execution is great.

UltramarineFan
06-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. It's a combination of that I like their fluff and their iconography is nice yet simple enough to hand paint on shoulder guards.

Thanks for the input BlackKnight, I like the idea of using Scions rather than Sons. I'll have to think about this.

Agreed that Scions of Calth sounds awesome, sounds cool and makes reference to one of the less written about worlds of ultramar. Really nice colour scheme btw, brilliant stuff.

Irongut
06-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Very Nice! Very crisp and clean, I dig it.

BlackKnight15624
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Agreed that Scions of Calth sounds awesome, sounds cool and makes reference to one of the less written about worlds of ultramar. Really nice colour scheme btw, brilliant stuff.

You want a reference to a less-talked-about world of Ultramar, try basing a chapter around Iax or Parmenio ol.

razcalking
06-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Very nice scheme, plus the crisp painting helps. I think the Raven iconography would look great on it - is there any particular play style you're leaning towards?

06-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Very clean painting, the colours just pop so well! Honestly, I love this model. I think it's gorgeous!

You should post more if you have any. :)

evcameron
06-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Very nice scheme, plus the crisp painting helps. I think the Raven iconography would look great on it - is there any particular play style you're leaning towards?

It's a largely mech force, fast and shooty. Not much assault and everything starts in a transport of some kind.

Very clean painting, the colours just pop so well! Honestly, I love this model. I think it's gorgeous!

You should post more if you have any.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm just working on the next couple models but I'll post pics today or tomorrow once they're done.

Ordo
06-20-2010, 08:25 PM
that is some clean paint skills u got there. really good.

Fellend
06-21-2010, 06:13 AM
if you have time I would really like a tutorial on how you do your white helmets and shoulders.

Brotherjames
06-21-2010, 06:55 AM
I like it! very awesome

MarneusCalgar
06-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Liking a lot the colours you choosed, but the miniatures look extremely "clean"... Any brands or transfers?

evcameron
06-21-2010, 10:24 PM
if you have time I would really like a tutorial on how you do your white helmets and shoulders.

Absoloutely. It'll be a couple days but I'll post a tutorial on my blog and let you know.

Liking a lot the colours you choosed, but the miniatures look extremely "clean"... Any brands or transfers?

Agreed. The reason there are no brands is that I'm still debating what chapter logo to use. I'll also be adding squad markings of some kind.

I've also been debating weathering the model a little.

chevelle4
06-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Wow man, I'm jealous of your painting skills! I really like the color scheme being a huge (gulp) Ultramarines fan. I'm gonna have to start following your blog because I think it should be a cool looking army.

BlackKnight15624
06-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Wow man, I'm jealous of your painting skills! I really like the color scheme being a huge (gulp) Ultramarines fan. I'm gonna have to start following your blog because I think it should be a cool looking army.

Don't be ashamed of being an Ultramarines fan, poster boys need loving too! I have a 4000+pt Pre-Heresy Ultramarines force, as well as a 4th company force under Uriel Ventris.