PDA

View Full Version : Scout and Turbo-Boostin

RampageRabbit
06-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked and therefore answered before.

A Deffkopta has both Scout and the ability to Turbo-boost since it's a jetbike. Does this means that I can Turbo-boost as my scout move?

The wording says that the scouting unit may make a "normal move" and this could either mean that I get to move up to 12" which is the normal for jetbikes or I could also see how it could mean that the model gets what is essentially a free movement phase, which would allow me to turbo-boost up to 24".

Which is it? I would really like to think I could Turbo-Scout a Kopta 24" then move 12" then Assault 6" but that seems a little bit too much.

karandras
06-19-2010, 04:11 PM
You can make any kind of move you want including a turbo-boost so long as you remain 12" away from enemy models.

Keep in mind that scout moves take place before seize the initiative, so you can get caught flat-footed if the opponent seizes on you. Also, you do not get the turbo-boost cover save in turn 1 as the scout move occurs before the game turn begins.

RampageRabbit
06-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks for pointing out that little bit about seizing the Initiative I will definitely have to keep that in mind, but if I still get to go first then hopefully a buzzsaw Kopta is hitting a tank.

This raises another question: If I get the first turn and my Kopta attacks their tank do all the hits land automatically since the tank was stationary despite the fact that my opponent never got a chance to move it?

Nabterayl
06-19-2010, 04:47 PM
This raises another question: If I get the first turn and my Kopta attacks their tank do all the hits land automatically since the tank was stationary despite the fact that my opponent never got a chance to move it?
Yes indeed. Something to watch out for if you cede first turn to kopta-equipped orks, and something to plan for when deploying against kopta-equipped orks.