06-15-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnfniAbzYX8

Galadren
06-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Looks cool, but so did the last one.

I want gameplay, dangit!

Melissia
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
It looks decent enough. Probably better than most 3PS games I've played (But then I cordially dislike 3PS as a genre, with a few exceptions such as 3PS horror games and ones with other gimmicks which I enjoy, such as Red Faction: Guerrilla ).

HsojVvad
06-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Looks meh to me. I wan't impressed at all. Maybe becuase I have no idea what it's suppose to be. Is it a first person shooter, 3rd person shooter? Is it just shooting and nothing else?

As I said, looks meh compared to all the other new first shooter games coming out, graphics look dated. While I rather have game play over graphics anyday, that dosn't really matter then.

emperorsaxe
06-15-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm ready to lay down my dollars right now!
Respects, Emperorsaxe

musical-fool
06-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Looks good enough for me but big questions still loom: Online multiplayer? Release date? etc. any ideas/ news?

Melissia
06-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Looks meh to me. I wan't impressed at all. Maybe becuase I have no idea what it's suppose to be. Is it a first person shooter, 3rd person shooter? Is it just shooting and nothing else?

... so you didn't actually watch it?

1: It's obviously a third person shooter given the gameplay shown.
2: There was more than just shooting, as there were several melee animation sshown.

DarkLink
06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
It looks to me like Gears of War, with less focus on cover and more on melee. Which, if they do a good job, could be a very good thing. We'll see as more info comes out.

BlackKnight15624
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I liked the look of it- though I'm still not sure of the action of the bolter rounds. Also, the in-game lighting seems to be more reminiscent of 2nd edition (Just me- I picture 40k more dark and drab and... depressing than that)

HsojVvad
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
... so you didn't actually watch it?

1: It's obviously a third person shooter given the gameplay shown.
2: There was more than just shooting, as there were several melee animation sshown.

Yes I did watch it. Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 are playes as first person, but can be played as 3rd person view as well. I think the game would be better as a 1st person instead of 3rd person view. Maybe it's both, but just focused on the 3rd person view.

Agian it was Meh. I like the MMO that was impressive though, and even though I don't like MMO, I will keep my eye on this one till more facts are out. If it's a subscription base then it's a no buy for me.

Melissia
06-15-2010, 07:13 PM
It's nigh-impossible to get melee to look right in first person view, so you should really expect it to be third person, except maybe if you have to snipe (Which isn't likely).

eldargal
06-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Edited: Bah, wrong game.

DarkLink
06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Heh, maybe in the MMO. Probably not here, though.

musical-fool
06-16-2010, 02:46 PM
people don't forget that leaked tester from the THQ Australia team...If I remember correctly, the commentator/designer says that melee goes into a special camera mode or something. I understood this from what I saw as a (good) ******* child of bullet-time and cinematic cut sceens. Could be interesting as a concept. However, this WAS only in a test/draft of the game from two years ago(?).

As for the first person shooting, etc. on the valkyrie fight snippit, there is first person shooting a la Call of Duty/medal of honour special/heavy machine gun on vehicle look about it all.

I suppose the wait is still on for August for Gamescon (or whatever THQ says the next big thing is on their website :P)

Just my centime's worth

AirHorse
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
That version of the game from two or three years ago was scrapped and the game was remade by a different studio.

The game is actually an action rpg(according to the e3 2009 interviews), not a shooter, so it will be more in line with the likes of devil may cry etc with lots of wargear and customisation etc.

I think it looks ace so far, they seem to have captured the brutality of 40k nicely, and it looks both smooth and very fast paced. Just what I wanted! Also the scenes in the sky look very interesting :)

emperorsaxe
06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah love the scene where the marines are looking across to the strike cruiser, awesome stuff can't wait for this one.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

BlacknightIII
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Why do boltguns sound like regular machine guns?! I know its small but Boltguns shoot bolter rounds which are basically self propelled rockets! It should sound menacing not just a basic machine gun noise.

DarkLink
06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Why do boltguns sound like regular machine guns?! I know its small but Boltguns shoot bolter rounds which are basically self propelled rockets! It should sound menacing not just a basic machine gun noise.

It's like the scene in the original Matrix where Neo kills some agents with the minigun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3JDtqHaVM&feature=related) on their helicopter. The minigun sounds just like a normal machine gun. Here's what a minigun really sounds like (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHMbN_epe4).

eldargal
06-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Audiences think they know what a machine gun sounds like. If all of a sudden that big machine gun sounds like a bean eating giant breaking wind into a tin bath at the bottom of a cave, they get confused. Thats the excuse, anyway.

It's like the scene in the original Matrix where Neo kills some agents with the minigun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3JDtqHaVM&feature=related) on their helicopter. The minigun sounds just like a normal machine gun. Here's what a minigun really sounds like (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHMbN_epe4).

Kieranator K82
06-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Nice analogy, Eldargal.

I personally think the game looks reasonable, and that Ultrasmurf haters should relax. The Ultramarines were 'randomly' chosen as an example.

DarkLink
06-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I really don't blame Hollywood for the horrible inaccuracies in movies. They have to make movies for their audience, and their audience tends not to know what the heck their talking about.

heartbitt
06-21-2010, 07:25 AM
, and that Ultrasmurf haters should relax. The Ultramarines were 'randomly' chosen as an example.

May be not, as far as the Ultra movie is under way will see more smurf showtime nowadays. Even Relic/THQ may take on hold its Bood Ravens for a while.

Will see the Blood Ravens real rhino re-painted in blue for the promotion of the movie/game?