PDA

View Full Version : Where can I post for an army to sell?

behindblueyes21
06-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I have a Tyranid army that I would like to sell, is there a classifieds here? Or what is a good website to post an army for sale? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

eagleboy7259
06-08-2010, 02:14 PM
DakkaDakka is perhaps the best place to buy and sell bits and models for 40k. I think the Tyranid specific forums also keep their own selling forums but I'm not sure. Ebay is always good, but I've had my share of bad experiences with Ebay and 40k, like shipping off my old guard army only to have the guy who bought it email me a week after it had already been shipped tell me the address on his Ebay wasn't current anymore. Opened and then repacked poorly by the guy who got it and returned it to the post office, guess who caught heat for that? :mad:

BuFFo
06-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Bartertown.com is THE best website to sell/swamp models and armies.

behindblueyes21
06-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks! I will check those sites out, I am not a fan of Ebay... I stay away from there. LOL.

DarkAngelHopeful
06-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Warpshadow.com is a Tyranid specific forum and they have a section for selling and buying models. You might want to give it a look.

http://www.warpshadow.com/forum/

Denzark
06-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Selling on BoLs has been doen before - where is the correct place? We do want soemwhere, it would be acceptable and easy to write some T&Cs that would absolve BoLS from any responsibility and have the bonus that people could be named and shamed if they made a bad deal.

PS PM me for a link to Armocast titans I am selling on Ebay1!!!

erwos
06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Back when I started upgrading my CSM army for 5E, I basically looked on Warseer, Dakka, Bartertown, and Rogue Market. I've done pretty well with them in terms of buying for cash.

To pontificate a bit on selling whole armies:
1. Whole armies are harder to sell than individual units, generally because they include stuff the buyer doesn't want and are often painted badly or in undesired colors.
2. Whole armies tend to go up because they're not terribly good with the current codex. (eg, Necron armies, old 'nid armies, non-mech Khornate CSM, etc.)
3. Sellers tend to overprice their whole armies because of (1) and (2).

If you have a classic leaf-blower IG army without a lot of fat, yeah, you might do pretty well selling the whole thing. But don't expect the 20 ratlings you're tossing in to be worth very much to potential buyers - just like you, they don't want the hassle of selling them separately.

Just some advice.

lobster-overlord
06-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I've had good luck recently at ogrestronghold.com with my ogre and non-ogre stuff.

John M.