PDA

View Full Version : Vindicare Assassins...

Hugz4Genestealers
06-05-2010, 10:15 PM
So the Vindicare's "Marksman" special rule allows him to "ignore all targeting restrictions," which, I have learned, means that not only can he pick guys out of squads, and shoot into close combat, but can also shoot your own guys. My question is, purely for the purposes of fully understanding the rule, I assure you, is: can he shoot himself?

Sir Biscuit
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Depends, is he within LOS of himself?

Assassins are sneaky.

DaveLL
06-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Depends, is he within LOS of himself?

Assassins are sneaky.
I'm pretty sure that, the way LOS is defined, he is. That said, his rifle looks awkwardly long for the task...

Connjurus
06-05-2010, 11:37 PM
That would be...awesome.

Better question - if he kills himself in Kill Points, do you get the Kill Point?

jeffersonian000
06-06-2010, 02:04 AM
No. A unit that frags itself awards point to its opponent (ie, you earn point any enamy unit killed, while your opponet earns points for one of your units killed regardless of how the unit is removed from play)

SJ

Connjurus
06-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Gah. Well, I'd still do it for the sake of being awesome in a cityfight battle as the building he's posted on is about to be overrun with Genestealers or something. It'd be freaking awesome.

lordbubonicus
06-06-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm pretty sure that, the way LOS is defined, he is. That said, his rifle looks awkwardly long for the task...

He could always use his pistol :-p

fuzzbuket
06-06-2010, 05:28 AM
No. A unit that frags itself awards point to its opponent (ie, you earn point any enamy unit killed, while your opponet earns points for one of your units killed regardless of how the unit is removed from play)

SJ

that would actually be sooo handy if as rumored the new DE get buffs for killing things :D :D

Squirrel_Fish
06-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Hm. Well something just clicked to me. If he can ignore all shooting restrictions, can he shoot while IN close combat? Something just makes me giddy about a Vindicare Assassin shooting his rifle while in the middle of a gigantic melee.

BuFFo
06-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Hm. Well something just clicked to me. If he can ignore all shooting restrictions, can he shoot while IN close combat? Something just makes me giddy about a Vindicare Assassin shooting his rifle while in the middle of a gigantic melee.

A vindicare in close combat will probably be dead before he could shoot anyway lol...

Sir Biscuit
06-06-2010, 12:18 PM
He couldn't. A vindicare can ignore targeting restrictions, but that doesn't mean he's always able to fire.

R3con
06-06-2010, 03:28 PM
A vindicare in close combat will probably be dead before he could shoot anyway lol...

Actually they aren't that bad, 4+ inv is handy, and his statline isn't half bad.

Commissar Lewis
06-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah my Vindicare has handed out his fair share of pistol-whippings when things fell through, i.e genestealers popping up in his terrain in Apoc.

Grailkeeper
06-07-2010, 05:24 AM
there's always the chance he could miss.

R3con
06-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah my Vindicare has handed out his fair share of pistol-whippings when things fell through, i.e genestealers popping up in his terrain in Apoc.

Mine dished out the last wound t o a demon prince.....I mean he is a assassin after all!

Lord Azaghul
06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Mine dished out the last wound t o a demon prince.....I mean he is a assassin after all!

Not to demean your glorious shot, but I've see a standard Ork Boy, with is gun, put the last wound on a Wraithlord! That was a good day for Orky shooting.

Ulf
06-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Not to demean your glorious shot, but I've see a standard Ork Boy, with is gun, put the last wound on a Wraithlord! That was a good day for Orky shooting.

What edition was that in? :D

DarkLink
06-07-2010, 10:27 AM

You know that it's not actually possible for str 4 to wound t 8, right?

Lord Azaghul
06-07-2010, 10:28 AM
What edition was that in? :D

Oh, I just looked up the stats on a wraithlord...I think the elder guy thought it was T7!
The rolls were 6 to hit, 6 to wound, failed armour save!

Hugz4Genestealers
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, that's definitely a lucky ork: not only did he manage to hit and wound a wraithlord, but the wraithlord also forgot how tough he was!

Lord Azaghul
06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
The best part about it. The Ork was a single lone Boy, the rest of the mob was dead AND he was fleeing when he made the shot!
It was epic.

Hugz4Genestealers
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Fleeing as in "falling back"?

Lord Azaghul
06-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Fleeing as in "falling back"?

I blame fantasy for that one.

I started fantasy and then moved to 40k when it become unplayable!:D