PDA

View Full Version : Vassal Module

RampageRabbit
06-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I posted this here because I'm not sure where else it would go. I'm just wondering if anyone can direct me to any up to date Vassal Modules. I found one but it's out of date and doesn't have sprites for most of the new units.

TheBitzBarn
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Vassal is Dead. GW shut them down

Melissia
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
We provided the information ya asked for on Dakka-Dakka...

BuFFo
06-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Vassal is still alive in one form or another.

Unless GW can shut down the internet, which some of you here have the dillusion that GW can do ANYTHING as if they are some divine presence, then a program such as Vassal will always be around.

Spirit Leech
06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Would it be against the forum rules to post a link here ?
(Also we need a BOLS vassal kill team league)

TheBitzBarn
06-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Vassal is still alive in one form or another.

Unless GW can shut down the internet, which some of you here have the delusion that GW can do ANYTHING as if they are some divine presence, then a program such as Vassal will always be around.

It alive under the table but the web site and update form he site are down and if you have the scripting skills and the code is open source then you can make changes.

No one said GW was in charge and did you not know this was a copyright infringement from the word go

Big mek
06-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Why was it shut down? legal issues that GW couldnt live with, or something other than that?

Anywho, its quite bad, as it was a good way for me to play against friends in other countries!

Tacoo
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Cant remember where i DLed it, but check mege upload, i think thats where i found mine, and it was the good version with stuff for epic and space hulk. Its hard to find though, if i knew how, i would send the file straight to ya. Just a warning though, with vassel, it chooses who it wants to win. In nearly every game one person will usually roll extremely high, and the other extremely low.

Big mek
06-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Cant remember where i DLed it, but check mege upload, i think thats where i found mine, and it was the good version with stuff for epic and space hulk. Its hard to find though, if i knew how, i would send the file straight to ya. Just a warning though, with vassel, it chooses who it wants to win. In nearly every game one person will usually roll extremely high, and the other extremely low.

Wasnt that fixed in latest version?