PDA

View Full Version : sucidal last stands ?

fuzzbuket
06-03-2010, 09:47 AM
alright for the past 2 games of 40k ive had 2 strange suicidal units

1) my fire prisim starts blowing up some tau so the tau blow off the turret: prisim star engins then rams smashes a develfish and gets an S18 hit , hills a devil fish and a few tau in the explosion

2) next game against tau with my Ba my sang guard is killed apart from a lone infernus, he runs survives a LOAD of knoot guns then infernuses and explodes a hammer head then he kills a few kroot and then a few more and delayes them untill the termies arrive, sadly he was finaly impaled by a krootox:(

3)oh and some Gk termies killing a land speeder in CC

4) finally ages ago a BA libby survived fire from 2 full tactical squads, killed a LR and 1/2 a tactical squad befor finnaly being slaughterd by a missle
this was kinda weid for m??:confused::confused:

has anyone else seen or performed a suicidal but succsessful last stand?

Col.Straken
06-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Funnily enough, my best "Last Stand" was my Grey Knight Terminators with Grand Master dropping down in the middle of a Tau army then being shot by EVERYTHING which was 2 hammerheads, 2/3 units of fire warriors, pathfinders (to make more stuff hit) and about 6 Crisis suits. They should have been well and truely dead, but once the dust settled my Grand Master remained standing with 1 wound left... he then proceeded to kill 2 units of 2 Crisis suits, and a unit of Fire Warriors before dying!

Other than that, I have had a Space Wolf Termie with Storm Shield, have his squad killed by the Doom of Malan'tai, then proceede to help kill off a unit of gaunts lead by an Alpha Warrior then block half the Nid army's shooting before finally falling to a Carnifex's 12 St6 shots!

Had Loads with Karandras, Once against Necrons, his Scorpions all got killed, so he charged the Necron Lord and Immortals, killed about 3 of them, didnt take any wounds back, and made them run away, and Karandras easily outran them, killing them all singlehanded!

BuFFo
06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Is there a Tactic in here somewhere that I am missing?

fuzzbuket
06-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Is there a Tactic in here somewhere that I am missing?

no just peoples tales of how lucky there doomed unit got? or a tactic kit out all your units for multi roles dhould all but 1 of them die ??

BuFFo
06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
no just peoples tales of how lucky there doomed unit got? or a tactic kit out all your units for multi roles dhould all but 1 of them die ??

Oh, my bad. I thought this was the Tactic Forums.

My apologies!

fuzzbuket
06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
well its stories about how using tactics turnesd a really screwed unitinto a suicidal killing machine :D and how you did it :P:D

Freefall945
06-03-2010, 08:31 PM
...prisim star engins then rams smashes a develfish and gets an S18 hit ...

Just for argument's sake... Is it not true that Strength in all cases caps out at 10?

BlacknightIII
06-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Strength caps out at 10

windspear
06-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I had one game where I took a Grandmaster in a Crusader with six closecombat termies *4th edition, before the 3+ storm shields..., and my BA opponent allowed me to shoot and charge his Death Company (huge unit for our 1700 point game), and I then proceeded to kill every unit except a combat squad of scouts in his army, and made his force commander, a Blood Angel flying Chaplain, flee the battle. He just kept pouring his units into my apparently invulnerable Deathwing, all of whom died except the Grandmaster with one wound remaining at the end of the game.

Grabnutz
06-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Being a CSM Disciple I have the ultimate suicide bomber - the Obliterator.

After a successful deep strike into the enemy's deployment zone these guys very rarely fail to:
a) make their points back by turning a precious vehilce into a burning crater, and
b) then attract every weapon in the enemy's army.

It is such a simple tactic, but every time I bring a CSM force the first question my opponent's ask is how many Obliterators I have in reserve.

fuzzbuket
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Strength caps out at 10

yeah we played it as a S10 hit but it was funnny anyway too see the look on his face :P