PDA

View Full Version : Three Way Magnetized Trygon Model

Chris Copeland
06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Troops, I just finished assembling a Trygon. I customized it a bit and also made it usable as a basic Trygon, a Trygon Prime, and as a Mawlock by building three seperate heads and magnetizing them. Check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30729694&l=b390c8c9b0&id=1318955238

I used the pincer tail because I think it is far cooler than the "knife tail" or the "rattlesnake tail." I used the biggest scything talons because I just wasn't impressed with the smaller scything talons.

I had a lot of fun making the Trygon and Trygon Prime heads out of Carnifex heads and bits from the Trygon sprue (as well as Green Stuff). This was my first attempt at using Green Stuff and I found it quite enjoyable... I don't know why I waited so long to try out Green Stuff!

Cheers... Copeland

UltramarineFan
06-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Nice, like conversion using the fex head, looks really good.

fuzzbuket
06-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Nice, like conversion using the fex head, looks really good.

ill second that

Chris Copeland
06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks! The model was a lot of fun to put together. It's one of the nicest GW models I've seen in a while. One thing I really like about Tyranids is how easy it is to slice and splice them.

Doing this model got me thinking about making an actual THREE HEADED Trygon next... kinda like the old three headed golden dragon from the Godzilla movies... or like a hydra.

Cheers. Chris

Lemt
06-04-2010, 03:02 AM
The way I did my Trygon, is I magnetised the talons too. That way I can choose which to play at any time, plus there's the same number of talons as there are wounds.

Chris Copeland
06-04-2010, 07:39 AM
The using the arms as wound counters is brilliant! I really like that idea! Please post pics of the conversion! I can't change out arms on this beast but I can still run him in any of the three versions. The way I see it, the head is the part that really defines a Trygon/Mawlock ... I plan on running this model at the Ard Boyz as a Mawlock... I can't imagine a judge looking at my model and saying, "Naw... That's not a Mawlock!"

Cheers