PDA

View Full Version : Black Legion Daemon Prince and Predator

odinsgrandson
06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Here's a Daemon Prince and a Predator for the Black Legion. Just thought I would post them up here, see what sort of response they got.

All manner of feedback is appreciated.

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/chaos-black-daemon-prince.jpg

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/black-legion-predator.jpg

Proximus
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
The paintjob on the predator is just perfect! That ist exactly how black legion should look.

The demon prince`s skin looks a bit too pink to me.

DrLove42
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I'll agree...predator is perfect. Weathering is awesome

Has the demon princes hand always been...so big?

isotope99
06-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Factor 15 UV protection my a$$ :mad:

I agree, the predator is excellent

SombreBrotherhood
06-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I approve of the paint, would agree with the pinky-ness of the DP, and (totally unrelated to you) it's a shame how mono-posed the metal DP is. The new plastic should really be awesome.

archimbald
06-01-2010, 01:35 PM
pred is mint

Mike X
06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
The paintjob on the predator is just perfect! That ist exactly how black legion should look.

The demon prince`s skin looks a bit too pink to me.

Agreed.

odinsgrandson
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I think I missed a rumor about a new Daemon Prince coming out? We don't have any solid info yet, do we?

Anyway, thanks for the comments and feedback. This is a totally unmoded Daemon Prince- so his hand has always been that size. Painting it pink next to all that black armor might bring that out a little more than usual though.

odinsgrandson
06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
By the way, I've had a lot of people ask about how I do my gold colors after this post. So I did a write up of my methods in my blog.

So, here's a link to gold and brass metallic metals. (http://gardenninjastudios.blogspot.com/2010/06/gold-and-brass-metallic-metals.html)

Ghoulio
06-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I think I missed a rumor about a new Daemon Prince coming out? We don't have any solid info yet, do we?

Anyway, thanks for the comments and feedback. This is a totally unmoded Daemon Prince- so his hand has always been that size. Painting it pink next to all that black armor might bring that out a little more than usual though.

Actually, the new Daemon Prince is going to be coming out this August (so like 2 months). He actually looks really good for the most part and has tonnes of pieces to make him either 40k or Fantasty (or any combo of..including the huge power armor this current one has).

Also, your pred looks great. It's nice to see someone painting the Black Legion something OTHER then primed black with a small amount of silver :) . I do like the Daemon Prince although I have to agree with most that the pink doesn't really seem to fit the model (although it is well done). The rest of your colours seem to be black, silver and gold with some red thrown in. Maybe you could push it more towards a deep red and that might help fit in with the rest of the colour scheme. Another thing you might want to consider is doing something other then black for the base as it might make it too "one note". If you did a beastial brown for the rim of the base and scorched brown highlighted to bleached bone (for the extreme highlight) for the gravel it might make the army on a whole "pop" a bit more.