PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Beastmen - total noob need help :)

Latro_
06-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Ok so big 40k player always dabbled with fantasy, had a daemons army but dont think it's helping me learn the game much + no one wants to play against it hehe.

So thought i'd branch out into a more mainstream army and take units I like the 'look' of but still be kinda ok on the tabletop.

Can someone tell me if this is glaringly a godawful list?

Beastlord 223
Pelt of shadow gave, Hand Weapon
Shield, Gnarled Hide, Tali Protect

Bray-shamen 125
2x Scrolls

Wargor 89
Great weapon

7 Ungor Raiders 45
Musician, Short bows

7 Ungor Raiders 45
Musician, Short bows

7 Ungor Raiders 45
Musician, Short bows

7 Ungor Raiders 45
Musician, Short bows

18 Gors 169
2x Hand Weapons, Full Cmd

17 Bestigors 234
Heavy Armour, Great Weapons
Full cmd

4 Minotaurs 252
Great Weapons

4 Minotaurs 252
Great Weapons

4 Minotaurs 252
Great Weapons

Giant 225

So the beast lord goes with the bestigors and gives them -1 getting shot at and -2 on magic at them. I'v given him other gear so he has a 2+ save in combat right? trying to keep him alive since the army needs his ld9. Maybe give him the item that makes him stubborn instead?

Wargor goes with the gors.

I have read that gors an bestigors suck royally in the new book compared to other armies, but i wanted the army to look like an army and not just a hodgepodge.

The shamen geared up for magic defence goes with the gors too (ok idea?)

Ungor raiders i'v heard are awesome so i'v got 2 units for screening and 2 to ambush and be a nuisance

I have a lot of the old metal minotaurs and folks have said they are pretty decent so i'v gone for a lot of them, too many?

Giant at the end as no points for the better rare choices and also wont have to convert a huge model.

So idea is lots of big stuff to clump things, solid core of troops and some ungors to cause havoc.

BlacknightIII
06-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Ungors suck royally, Gors if used with the ambush rule can be really nasty, make sure you get the charge! Same with bestigors you need to use them in conjunction with ambushing units. give the minotaurs two hand weapons and throw in a gorebull with either brass cleaver or khorne axes. The individual units of the beastmen book are rather weak due to low leadership and low armor, you need to use them in coordinated attacks.

Captainmiserable
06-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Try going for the Doombull if your minotaur heavy. I'd also cut out something somewhere and try and get some chaos hounds. Their great for screening and will save your minos some pain :)