PDA

View Full Version : New GW Paint Pots?

The Mighty Git
05-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Has anyone else seen these?

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/05/29/36532

Is this needed? The only reason I can see is cheaper plastic, but I doubt we will get any price break out of it.

plasticaddict
05-30-2010, 03:14 PM
They seal better so the paints don't dry out a quickly in storage. Not important for the paints you use a lot but nice for those that only get used once in a while.

Necrosis
05-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I really like how they did these paints yet I will have to try them out before making a real decision on them.

The Mighty Git
05-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'll give 'em a shot as well, I just didn't know there were any problems with the current batch.

TheBitzBarn
05-30-2010, 06:24 PM
They look better because the color is on the top that alone is worth the change for me

eldargal
05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Ditto. I have to say that I've not had much problem with GW paint pots in the past, apart from difficulty opening some due to the little tabs breaking off the lids. I still have some paint pots from the late nineties that are still useable.

They look better because the color is on the top that alone is worth the change for me

Jordan Ashworth
05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
I concur that having the color on the top of the pot will be nice, but then again I always did that with my own. Just painted the color on the lid. However if they are meant for keeping the paint good over a period of time in storage then I will be buying them. It works great when I am deployed to the field for 3-4 months at a time.

Iceman
05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Frankly, I wish they would switch to eye dropper bottles like Vallejo. I switched over to Vallejo over 3 years ago literally because I was tired of having to deal with the paint pots. The eye dropper bottles let me put out just a few drops at a time so that the whole bottle doesn't dry out. Also it makes mixing very easy. Sure I could use a separate eye dropper and pull paint out of the paint pots that way but that is just added effort.

plasticaddict
05-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Frankly, I wish they would switch to eye dropper bottles like Vallejo. I switched over to Vallejo over 3 years ago literally because I was tired of having to deal with the paint pots. The eye dropper bottles let me put out just a few drops at a time so that the whole bottle doesn't dry out. Also it makes mixing very easy. Sure I could use a separate eye dropper and pull paint out of the paint pots that way but that is just added effort.

I also use Vallejo Game Color paints and inks. I do use the GW washes, they are a great way to make my mediocre paint work look better:)

Iceman
05-31-2010, 08:19 PM
The washes are great and I use them a lot. Prior to that I used Wonderwash Ink (actually, I still use it quite a bit since it is not quite as heavy as Badab Black).

TheBitzBarn
05-31-2010, 08:42 PM

I have almost never had issues with GW drying out unless i left the top off I still have Pallid Flesh that works great

RocketRollRebel
05-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I also use Vallejo Game Color paints and inks. I do use the GW washes, they are a great way to make my mediocre paint work look better:)

So true about the washes! My minis look 10x better since I've started using them.

I like the looks of the new paint pots tho.

Dionysus
05-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Hopefully they are better quality, or better at keeping air out or something. Otherwise it they just look cheaper and we all know they wont cost less.