PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Spearhead.

Drahazar
05-29-2010, 09:48 PM
I was going to give my Three wych squads Mechanized Assualt spearhead. But for My Ravagers should I give them Tank Hunter spearhead or seek and destroy spearhead.

I am in a 2500pnt tourney and we are useing spearhead for fun.

Justajoe
05-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I was going to give my Three wych squads Mechanized Assualt spearhead. But for My Ravagers should I give them Tank Hunter spearhead or seek and destroy spearhead.

I am in a 2500pnt tourney and we are useing spearhead for fun.

Tank Hunter is probably more survivable, and in this day of mech, Mech! MECH!! more useful. But, you're *DE* --- fast and you'd better be furious. Really ideal would be if there was a way to keep them in reserve as a spearhead. Then, when (if :-) they come in, seek and destroy. Screaming Jets, anyone?

Joe

DrLove42
05-31-2010, 08:49 AM
3 Ravagers, 3 dark Lances each, Archeotech Spearhead.

9 S9 Lance weapons, so glancing on a minimum of a 3+.

Archon Charybdis
06-02-2010, 11:21 PM
But for My Ravagers should I give them Tank Hunter spearhead

3 Ravagers, 3 dark Lances each, Archeotech Spearhead.

As awesome as either of those options would be, they're unfortunately not legal-- Ravagers aren't tanks. The only two Spearheads a Ravager qualifies for are the Skyfall and the Seek and Destroy. The Skyfall really doesn't seem worth it for a Ravager, the Seek and Destroy doesn't sound half bad though-- close the gap between short-table edges pretty quickly, benefit from a 4+ cover save, and be able to fire everything? Not too shabby.