PDA

View Full Version : Power Armored Dwarves from Warmachine

odinsgrandson
05-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Here are a few additions to a Searforge force that I was commissioned to paint. All of the other minis use this same color scheme (sometimes predominantly green, and sometimes predominantly khaki).

Well, here they are. Tell me what you think.

Edit: Oops, I put this up in the wrong place. Can a mod move it to the Warmachine minis forum? I guess they look a bit like squats, though.

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/green-and-tan-dwarf-unit-2.jpg

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/green-and-tan-dwarf-unit.jpg

Fizzics
05-28-2010, 10:57 AM
looks pretty good.

Am I allowed to say that if I don't play Warmachine?

ratgirl
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
I really like your green tone. Looks great.

BlackKnight15624
05-28-2010, 11:44 AM
How tall are those? They really do look like they'd make good sq**ts, and I'd get some if they were relatively in scale with 40k.

lordbubonicus
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
How tall are those? They really do look like they'd make good sq**ts, and I'd get some if they were relatively in scale with 40k.

I don't know about the Rhulics (dwarves), but comparing the Skorne, Circle, Eldar and Death Guard models that I have on my desk, Warmachine miniatures seem to be slightly larger than GW models. The ones I'm looking at are all roughly the same height, but the GW models are pretty much upright whilst the PP models are more hunched over/in dramatic poses, so at ease would be taller. The build of the PP models also more closely resembles the Death Guard than the Eldar model.

Overall though, the difference isn't too big, and you could certainly use PP models in 40K if you mounted them on the appropriate bases. I have before, in friendly games, and they fit well size wise. The bigger problem is aesthetic style. They're just so different.

BlackKnight15624
05-29-2010, 08:52 AM
That's a really nice color scheme; the green/bone is something I never would have thought of.

@lordbubonicus: Sounds good; I've been looking for decent Squat proxies for a while now. These seem to fit the bill rather nicely if they aren't larger than a Space Marine.

odinsgrandson
05-31-2010, 10:24 AM
That's a really nice color scheme; the green/bone is something I never would have thought of.

@lordbubonicus: Sounds good; I've been looking for decent Squat proxies for a while now. These seem to fit the bill rather nicely if they aren't larger than a Space Marine.

Thanks.

These guys will be smaller than your average Imperial Guardsman- so I think they'd fit in just right with Squats. They'll be a little bigger than some of the classic squats, but that's just the scale creep. These are about the same size as the current WFB range of dwarves.

gwensdad
05-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Replace the weapons, count as a carapace-armored veteran squad (IG) who are squat survivors of the homeworlds.

odinsgrandson
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Man, Squats used to have the next best thing to terminator armor. It was a 4+ save on 2d6 (compared to its contemporary 3+ on 2d6 for proper Terminator armor).

Maybe you could do that with some Grey Knight allies? I don't know if it would quite work, honestly.

Madness
06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
It does look like Exo Armor.

Jokubas
06-02-2010, 12:19 AM
I like all of the ones wearing helmets.;) These are some pretty neat dwarves.

odinsgrandson
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
It does look like Exo Armor.

Yes, Exo-armor. That was the word I was looking for. That stuff was sweet. The stuff was like Terminator armor, but if I remember right, you could still mount your heavily armored character on a bike.