PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Jordan Ashworth
05-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Greetings,

My name is Jordan and I am a big fan of Warhammer 40k and Fantasy. I stumbled across this wonderful community when looking for references to create my own Warlord Titan thanks to the inspiration of the novel Titanicus.

I was quite happy to stumble across the article on David Smith's Warlord Titan and my jaw dropped in amazement of the Titan. I then pushed further into the community and liked what I saw, so I decided I would join.

Here is a little bit about myself. I live up in Edmonton Alberta Canada, I work in the Canadian Army as a vehicle tech. (guess you could call me an Techpriest Enginseer lol) I enjoy many small hobbies, paintball, warhammer, reading and so on.

Anyways nice to be part of the community and look forward to talking with all you.

Hugz4Genestealers
05-27-2010, 07:32 PM
You work for the Canadian Army, you say? Since when did the Canadians have an army? Ooh, never mind that, do you know any Mounties?

Jordan Ashworth
05-27-2010, 07:41 PM
You work for the Canadian Army, you say? Since when did the Canadians have an army? Ooh, never mind that, do you know any Mounties?
We have had an army for quite some time since before World War 1, as for knowing some Mounties I have no acquaintance with any. Though I have seen them a few times, a fair amount more since I moved to the Western part of Canada.

murrburger
05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Nice to see some more Canadians around here!

Which armies do you play?

Jordan Ashworth
05-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice to see some more Canadians around here!

Which armies do you play?

Glad to meet a fellow Canadian on here.

I play Space Marines and Imperial Guard for Warhammer 40k. Fantasy I play Orcs & Goblins, Vampire Counts and Ogre Kingdoms.

Jordan Ashworth
05-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh almost forgot I also have an Imperial Navy for Battllefleet Gothic.

murrburger
05-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Cool. I really wish more people were in to BFG.

Jordan Ashworth
05-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Agreed, it is a great game and even better when you make a campaign that runs both BFG and 40k together.

DarkAngelHopeful
05-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Jordan, glad you have you on BoLS. Always nice to meet another member of the military regardless of country (I'm USAF). Welcome!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2010, 03:26 AM
We have had an army for quite some time since before World War 1, as for knowing some Mounties I have no acquaintance with any. Though I have seen them a few times, a fair amount more since I moved to the Western part of Canada.

The Canadians were one of the most successful strike forces in WW2!!! Me and a friend created a game system called Historic Warfare, and my army is Canada ey!! =D

Very good to have you on here I'm new as well.
Nice armies by the way.

Jordan Ashworth
05-28-2010, 06:21 AM
@ DarkAngelHopeful: Nice to meet another serving member of their country as well and thanks for the warm welcome.

@ Tzeentch's Dark Agent: Thank you for the warm welcome as well, and thank you. I quite enjoy my armies myself.

david5th
05-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Hello and welcome Jordan Ashworth.