PDA

View Full Version : How do you get painting ratios right?

DoctorEvil
05-27-2010, 12:21 PM
How do people get the mixing ratios of paint not just correct, but conisistent from session to session?

Previously I would just use a small stick and eye ball the ratio, but I'm finding the consistency of the color is varyingtoo much from session to session.

I'm think about an eyedropper, all though it would be a pain to have to clean. Transfering paints to dropper bottlesis a possible solution. I'm wondering how other people do it.

travinius
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
dick blick studios have little plastic squeeze bottles in varying sizes that are nice for this sort of thing. also if you mix colors consider mixing a more substantial amound, diluting it, and saving it in a container for future uses. I also find wet pallettes great for extending paint life. hope this helps.

Freefall945
05-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Mixing up a half-pot of the color you intend you use a great deal of is the way to go. My dark eldar are liberally lathered in what I have dubbed "Jerk Purple".

Fizyx
05-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Testors sells pipettes. You could probably buy from other vendors; that's just who I use.

If you are going to be painting a lot of models I highly recommend filling either old paint pots or buying dropper paint bottles (I believe PP sells empty ones.)

Fizzics
05-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Tamiya has empty bottles for mixing paint.

Might be a good way to go